Weight Watchers at Disney

I would also encourage you not to feel like you have to finish the meal just bc you paid for it.
I have to give myself permission to only eat til I’m full back til it’s gone. I’m very much waste-not-want-not.

9 Likes

I’ll echo not to overestimate the value of the walking - I gained 1.2 pounds after my 5 days in Disney and I considered it very unfair given the amount of walking I did along with and pushing DS in a wheelchair. I was a little miffed because I didn’t splurge a lot. But the 1.2 was easy to take back off once I got back. So don’t get discouraged, but don’t assume the walking will equal out to all the calories!

1 Like

Fried chicken on the salad can also be a culprit. :wink:

1 Like

I could never do Atkins…I love me some carbs. I think different programs work for different people for different reasons. I love Noom because it’s not about cutting out anything from your diet. It’s eating healthier in general and choosing when you treat yourself. I’ve lost 45 pounds. My best friends has done Weight Watchers for years and she’s maintained her wait loss all this time - she loves the fact that she can pile up points for a big splurge during the week. (I also like the fact that Noom goes over each of the diet types that are out there and encourages folks to try them for a week or so and see how you feel and if it works for you). I think folks have to find the ‘diet’ that matches their lifestyle best so it can be sustainable. I have a cousin who constantly boomerangs on diets with loss and gain because she picks something that doesn’t work for her lifestyle.

6 Likes

Totally agree. It is way more important to figure out the plan that you can sustain long term and works for your lifestyle and/or medical status.

@DocHopper, I have a question, did you lose the same weight twice or did you accumulate a 125 pound change in your weight?

1 Like

OMG, Zaxby’s House Zalad with fried chicken – nom nom nom – haven’t had it in seven months. Get thee behind me, Satan! LOL! :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh no… I didn’t intend for a debate. :sleepy: I have been working with my doctor for a very long time in regards to what I eat and how I exercise. In a “former life” I ran marathons, and I really just want to get to a weight where I can train again without risk of injury, and have a diet that I can easily adjust based on my training/exercise changes as I progress. WW fits the bill for me, and I have never felt starved or deprived while on it. Not directed at you ppehap, just that I didn’t want a debate

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Me either… I was joking. But many ppl have strong opinions about diet and dieting. I just thought it was funny. And liners do love to ‘discuss’… for example, What is a snack? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love all the tips and ideas shared by everyone in this thread. Many I’ve tried but now I have a few new tools. Thank you all!

1 Like

Good for you. I’m still trying to find my motivation again. We worked well for me before I got married. Since kids and work stress it’s been really hard.

Not all plans work for all people. You need tonfind what works for you.

2 Likes

OMG, yes!!! I try to ask for dressings and toppings (cheese, croutons, crunchy tortilla strips etc) on the side, and GRILLED chicken… I think I first learned this with salads from Wendy’s! This is definitely a great tip to be reminded of, because just as I don’t want my splurge points to be spent on mindless snacks and drinks, but I also definitely don’t want it to be on a salad (unless that salad is super delish… like maybe the cobb salad at DHS)

3 Likes

haha, this is verrrry true! I have thus far stayed out of the great snack debate :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I agree as long as you don’t have to pay someone an absorbitant fee

1 Like

Different people lose different amounts of weight walking. While I was at Universal I ate at least 7 VooDoo Donuts and 10 Butterbeers. I ate Lunches at Leaky Cauldren and Three Broom Sticks and it wasn’t salads. For dinner we at on Citywalk at all the big names. According to my Garmin wrist tracker we walked between 10 and 14K steps a day. Now after all this I came home 2lbs lighter. You figure out why if it wasn’t the walking.

1 Like

It was all your GREAT pregame prep you’ve done!!! :laughing::partying_face:

1 Like

Probably that too!

1 Like

Same, I could never cut out carbs. Except the ones in vegetables, I’m not a fan. I just try to eat everything in moderation, most of the time. And exercise.

4 Likes

That’s the big one for me right there, especially since Disney portions doesn’t really mean small. I couldn’t finish many of my portions last time and now I have to content myself with the fact I’ve had bariatric surgery so my stomach is much smaller. I’m a little nervous about what I will be able to handle but I figured all things in moderation and no forcing myself

1 Like

A tip I learned from WW years ago. If you want to have the dressing (I really love ranch but it’s SO MANY CALORIES), get it on the side and dip your fork in the dressing with each bite rather than pour it on your salad. You’ll always have dressing and you’ll eat a lot less of it.

6 Likes

That’s what I’ve done for years. It’s great!

3 Likes

And this is why there are no scales in the resort rooms

3 Likes