Week Long Trip - Thoughts on Schedule?

Okay so we are going for a week in July, including the 4th. This is the longest trip yet. Just me and DH. We are staying at the WDW Dolphin and have 5 day park hoppers. Below is my initial plan. Thoughts? Suggestions?

7/2 - arrival @ 4, put res finder on finding a Beaches & Cream ADR for dinner
7/3 - MK w/ PPO BOG, DH plays golf in morning and joins later; fireworks in MK
7/4 - resort day, 5:15 dinner at California Grill, watch MK fireworks from CG
7/5 - Epcot, ADR at Spice Road Table for Illuminations
7/6 - morning at resort afternoon at HS for TSL, TT and fireworks
7/7 - every ride w/ visiting friend, DH plays golf and meets us at last park
7/8 - Morning AK w/ lunch at Nomad, afternoon back at Epcot to snack around the world and watch Illuminations one last time.

Originally I planned to do the afternoon of 7/6 bouncing to AK and EP as we want and then spend 7/8 at HS, but I’m not sure I want to spend our last day at HS. I have never seen the fireworks at HS so would like to see them, but I don’t love the idea of ending the trip with them. I’d really like to end the trip in Epcot. My concern is whether or not it is realistic to try and do TSL on the Saturday afternoon if 4th of July weekend :grimacing:

Decisions… decisions…

That’s definitely iffy.

Also what is “every ride with visiting friend?” I think you’ll definitely need to curtail that quite a bit.

I am a little worried about DH joining you late in the day on 7/3.

Otherwise, if you keep your expectations low and don’t mind crazy crowds, you’ve got a nice plan here. 7/3 is my birthday and I know I’m never spending it at WDW because I am not into that scene LOL

Teacher friend and I are going to attempt the every ride challenge. With it being such a busy time, I’ll be surprised if we get anywhere close, but her AP is going to up this summer so it’ll just be something fun to do while we happen to be in the parks at the same time.

I am a little worried about 7/3, but stats show that MK has not had capacity closures on that day in quite some time. I’ve warned him to get an early tee time…and that I will completely ditch him if he doesn’t get in to watch fireworks :joy::joy::joy::joy:

My thing with TSL is how to finagle the FPPs if I’m not utilizing RD. I have considered doing an early Saturday morning at TSL and then ditching the park for the rest of the day, coming back for firework. Perhaps I’ll put both together in a plan and let DH decide how much he wants to sleep in vs how much he wants to wait in line.

1 Like

I think you’ll just have to take whatever you can get, honestly.

1 Like

If you have a ADR on 7/3 they have to let you in, if I recall so make a ADR for him and not go it will cost $10 but at least he will get in.

1 Like

Alright new plan of attack after listening to a podcast today and deciding that I am not crazy enough to try and do TSL on the Saturday afternoon after the 4th of July.

Sooooo…

7/2 - arrival @ 4, maybe a late dinner at Sanaa (never been, and thinking this since this new plan will likely not take me to Nomad or Tiffins)
7/3 - MK w/ PPO BOG, DH plays golf in morning and joins later; fireworks in MK
7/4 - resort day, 5:15 dinner at California Grill, watch MK fireworks from CG
7/5 - Epcot, ADR at Spice Road Table for Illuminations
7/6 - flex day, morning at resort, afternoon snacking at Epcot, evening at HS for fireworks and maybe a couple rides depending on SDFP availability
7/7 - every ride w/ visiting friend, DH plays golf and meets us at last park
7/8 - RD TSL and then do HS, rides and maybe some of the new Pixar meet & greets… also perhaps the Lightning McQueen thing, depending on reviews after it opens. Walk over to Epcot to watch Illuminations one last time.

This of course all hinges on something I have not officially experienced yet - is it really that easy to walk between Epcot and HS and the nearby resorts (we’ll be at Dolphin)?

Last time I was at disney, we walked from Epcot to HS and it took about 25-30 minutes. It’s a nice area to walk in, but doing that walk a lot may be tough.
From the Dolphin to HS would probably be about 10 mins.
Dolphin to Epcot would probably be 15-20 minutes.
It’s definitely doable if you’re prepared. The boats will be helpful to you as well.

1 Like