Week Before Thanksgiving 2016

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the 3 monorail resorts appear to be at near capacity for the week before Thanksgiving this year? We have a reservation at the Poly but were looking at moving to either the Grand Floridian or the Contemporary but nearly all room categories at each resort show unavailable for that week. The week before that and the week after thanksgiving both show plenty of availability. I didn’t know if there was some special event I was unaware of. With two small children low crowds are a priority for us. Thanks for any thoughts or ideas as to what may be going on.

if you mean the week of thanksgiving, it is one of the most crowded times to stay on property and visit DW

One thing to bear in mind is that resort booking levels are not a good indicator of park crowd levels. WDW is very good at making sure that the resorts are at capacity throughout the year, regardless of the park attendance levels.

1 Like

Oh no. I was taking about the week before thanksgiving. No way am I going the week of thanksgiving.