Week before Easter

Is there a march roll call thread?

I looked and didnā€™t find one.

You should start one :smile:

Haha too late now!

I JUST logged on to see the hours - it looks like they are opening MK at 8 am starting the day after Easter (Monday, 3/28). Our plan takes us to MK on Easter Sunday - but Iā€™ll be surprised if they do not back that up and end up opening MK at 8 am on Easter Sunday!

1 Like

Weā€™re now a week prior to the week before Easter, and no time changes.

To be clear, Iā€™m happy EMH havenā€™t been added every morning, simply because Iā€™m off-Site. I should also be happy if 9AM is indeed the final RD time for all next weeks, because coming from a 3 hour earlier time zone, we will already be effectively waking up a 3:30AM to have breakfast and be there toward the front of RD.

My big fear is that they decide Wednesday, for example, to open at 8AM Thursday. A lot of people carefully plan their schedules around the published times.

Even worse, a lot of perennial Spring Breakers planned their schedules assuming they will move Park Open to 8AM and/or add EMH days, because this is what they have consistently done in the past (according to some others). Now those frequent visitors are having the rug pulled out from under their plans.

1 Like

Tuesday, 3/22, just now changed to 8AM. I have that set up as a late arrival day.

1 Like

Yep. Just saw it on MDE. 8am starting on Monday 3/21.

1 Like

But 3/24 is still 9AM

Interesting. Wondering if itā€™s still a work in progress.

I am glad that I am not alone in my frustration :smiley: As others have said, part of me is thinking, ā€œwell, if the park opens at 9am, then we wonā€™t have to get up at 5:30am to get to the park for a 7am EMH - after checking in the night before at midnight (which we have done many, many years - crazy I know! LOL)ā€. But the planner in me is still wondering if it will change last minute. One year the hours changed so late I didnā€™t realize that MK had a 7am EMH so we ā€œslept inā€. Still got there before 8am (weā€™re early risers, what can I say? LOL) but I was a bit miffed to find out that we could have been having a lot more fun an hour earlier. With the advent of FP+ and MDE it seems Disney wants us to be planners - but hard to plan like this :frowning:

The general sentiment seems to be that in this day of cuts made by Disney plus now the adding of fees and increasing prices on seemingly everything, 7am EMHs are a thing of the past. Apparently, Disney has not seen the return on investment they wanted out of the 7am EMHs. Itā€™s just speculation, but it doesnā€™t seem likely that history will repeat itself.

1 Like

Edit: as of now, 3/24 Park Open has been moved to 8AM.

Iā€™ll say one thing, either Disney management are masters of deception, or they are the most chaotic and disorganized bunch Iā€™ve ever seen.

Hours update from 21st MK opens at 8am every day with 7am emh on the friday only

If they donā€™t add EMH on 3/22 or 3/24, Iā€™m all set now.

Iā€™m curious, how did it all work out please? Did they change the opening hours last minute?

Sorry just saw this post now. They did not add any additional EMHs to the schedule which was pretty disappointing to us since weā€™ve been doing the two weeks around Easter for the last 10 years. The MK was open most of the time at 8am every day (except the Fri following Easter) but there were only 2 early 7am EMH days at MK during the 9 days we were there - as opposed to early 7am EMH at MK EVERY day of our past trips, with another park having either an early or late EMH as well. Took away the flexibility weā€™ve enjoyed for sure :frowning: The MK was crazy busy during those regular 8am openings b/c it was open to the public at 8am, not just resort guests.

Also in the past AK has usually opened at 8am during those two weeks and has had 2 early EMH days during our trip. Not this one. 9am regular opening with two early 8am EMH days. Same for DHS - in the last 5 years or so, even DHS has opened at 8am with 7am early EMH - again, not on this trip.

Also the MK usually has 2 afternoon parades during those two weeks (12pm/3pm) but we were really disappointed that even the 12pm parade was not scheduled until the Monday after Easter. Thatā€™s another thing - usually the MK will open at 7am on Easter; nope. Iā€™d scheduled FP times around the hopes of those EMHs and parades being added to the schedule at the last minute. Iā€™ve never felt so unprepared :frowning: But thank goodness for my Touring Plans App! It really helped!

Lastly, they might say well, Easter was very early this year, so Spring Break was not in full swing. But judging by the crowds, long Stand By AND Fast Pass lines we encountered, long waits for meals despite ADRs as well as counter-service madness - it looked like the typical Spring Break crowd to me. But in the past weā€™ve always known how to work around the crowds. They took away those valuable EMHs and early openings and that messed us up big time. Makes me think twice about when to go next year. {sorry the long response :blush: }

1 Like

Thank you, thatā€™s useful to know.

Donā€™t know if you saw easywdw post about this. Josh basically explained all issues ie longer wait times for everything no extra emh etc as being caused by staff numbers being cut. It was quite an interesting read if you like his sort of writing. Long and short of it wdw are cutting back hours for cms snd guests, increasing prices of everything and people are willing to keep paying . Until guests stop going to wdw its only going to get worse. This summer will prob have longest waits ever seen and shortest summer park hours ever and least number of parades/ shows ever, and people will still pay for it as its wdw. We have been in Orlando for 19 days and leave on Sat. We have done eveything this time inc Busch garden /seaworld and are currently staying at RPR Universal Studios. We wonā€™t be returning for at least 3 and prob longer. We will not be doing wdw next time. It is not the same and my family just did not enjoy it this time. They enjoyed HS and AK but that was it. Mk has lost its magic for us.
We are loving being onsite at Uni and will def stay here again although prob at HRH .