Weather in January? What Clothing?

I assure you he could if he set his mind to it! :rofl: We would so love to see you there, but I imagine it’s even harder to plan for you being so far away!

Are you going to be there, too?! Yay! I lost track of everyone going. I think @JustKeepSmiling and @Dreamer. But not @Julianne_fki? :cry::sob: I hesitate to even type it.

I do. But I can survive. :rofl: I will probably skip the shorts and just bring jeans and tshirts with a jacket.

7 Likes

Yeah! My friend Janet from my 50th anniversary trip and I planned a trip 20-25 and then I found out @WakandaForever was going to be there too, and then @Dreamer too, and then next thing I know there’s like 14 people going :rofl:

7 Likes

Lol, interesting how people in different regions will answer this question.

My answer is, the weather in Orlando in January is strictly better than N.J.'s. :slight_smile:

Pack a coat, light hat, gloves, and pants (not just shorts) with you and hope you won’t need it, is how I roll. Possible to have shorts and T-shirt weather and that’s my hope.

6 Likes

Yup. Remember when I was like “well, I never had a Liner meet before, but if there’s two of us there at the same time then I can muster the courage to meet an online friend in person.”? That situation has sure evolved.

8 Likes

We still have to get that margarita we talked about 47 years ago at this point.

6 Likes

I get by with a windbreaker non the early morning perhaps some gloves or hand warmers. I love seeing locals in hats and puffy coats. So cute!

8 Likes

I have a WDW gift card labeled “La Cava with LT - cheers to cats” and I can’t even remember why I added the cat part anymore. But I can guarantee you that I am 100% looking forward to that margarita. Gift card has a healthy balance so maybe it’s more like margaritas

8 Likes

Woot! Did we commit to a day for that?

5 Likes

Yes. Yes. Yes.

10 Likes

Quite sneaky.

7 Likes

You are killing me. :expressionless: I really cannot do this trip. I cannot. I cannot. I cannot. But all of you are making this so difficult! :sob:

12 Likes

Some deets on my trip:

Arrive late afternoon Thurs 1/19
Depart early evening Sun 1/22
3 nights at ASMo

Priorities:

1. Liner Time
  2. Splash Mountain Farewell Tour
  3. Find out if I ralph on Cosmic Rewind

I have hoppers and intend to hit all four parks. My current APRs are MK Fri and HS Sat. I have AK for Sun but I hear there is brunch at Topo’s, which I Will try to make if there’s room and if I can make the time work.

I will appreciate a little solo time but am game to join up with various crews.

Let the games begin!

17 Likes

I’m not a local but when we switched our dates to January, I looked at data for the last 5 winters. This is for the last week of January and should give you an idea of how it can vary.

9 Likes

You know, they say until it is vehemently stated with no less than 5 “I cannots” there remains a chance

9 Likes

I think lots of us are in HS Saturday.

6 Likes

This is so helpful! At first I thought the Lows were highs and I’m so glad that is not the case! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Last January, the other Fab Four made us wear short sleeve shirts for our 4 park 1 day challenge. I had a zip up hoodie, my black fleece lined Mickey coat, and mittens. I was okay. It was cold enough that I opted to leave for home early rather than enjoy Homecomin’ brunch. Outside! Layers are your friend.

9 Likes

Not yet. I’m in EP multiple days though. Between GotG, FArts and Ducktails (Woo-oo!) Adventure, we will be spending a lot of time there. I have a day when we are planning to RD Le Halles and Soarin’. In that order. Priorities, amarite?

7 Likes

I am sincerely sad that you will not be able to make it. BUT I am DETERMINED to meet you sooner rather than later. Next Fab Four trip to DL, let me know. Or just any trip to DL, give me a few months notice and I will try to make it work. One of these times for sure. I will have an AP starting when I activate Labor Day so after that for sure I would drop everything to swing by even for just an evening.

9 Likes

See you started it!!

6 Likes