Wearing pjs in the food court... YES or NO ?!

Is it appropriate for kids/adults to wear pjs in the food court? YES or NO

I am ok with little ones in Jammies but not adults. I know the teen/college age kids wear the pajama bottoms all the time and that doesn’t really bother me. I just prefer not to see a 50 year old in boxers or lingerie while I am eating. Put some sweats on at least. People are on such crazy schedules at WDW, maybe a long overseas flight, just drove in overnight, or might be leaving on that drive. If it makes their life easier, no worries for me.

1 Like

I don’t mind really. We’ve seen lots of people early on wearing pyjama bottoms and hoodies/sweat tops (like 6am - 7.30am) in the food courts filling up their mugs and grabbing pastries etc to take back to their rooms. Didn’t seem unusual and nobody took any notice. As long as you are fully dressed I think it’s fine.

1 Like

No, definitely no. Not even if you call them “lounge pants”. Keep 'em in the room, folks.

2 Likes

Since kids quite often wear PJs to school (especially tops), I say “why not”. Adults- no, never, no…put some clothes on :smile:

I do when staying in at Pop. There are no coffee makers in the room and I NEED my coffee as soon as I wake up. But my pjs consist of yoga pants and a t-shirt. I wouldn’t go in my one piece Minnie Mouse footsie pajamas.

6 Likes

Yeah, as long as it’s not lingerie, I don’t really care what other people are wearing. Especially kids. I might give a side eye to someone in a full set of matching pajamas, but to each their own.

1 Like

Photo !!! Footsie jammies rule!!

5 Likes

We stayed at ASMusic one year during a cheerleading competition. I felt out of place wearing clothes in the food court :blush:

8 Likes

The only time it has ever bothered me was once when some teenage girls were dressed a little “older” than was appropriate and it was uncomfortable. But otherwise – the jammie pants and tanks or Tshirts just make it feel like a fun dorm or sleepover, ha ha. I liked that homey feel at Pop. But I wear clothes – nobody needs to see me in jammies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m gonna go with NO

2 Likes

I see no problem with “lounge wear” for an adult or a child as long as the clothes are clean and the people are wearing shoes. AND KEEP THE SHOES ON WHILE EATING!!! I should also add as long as their lounge wear clothes fit and I am not seeing “cracks” or undies or bra’s or overhang or a woman’s cesarean section scar. uggg :- /

5 Likes

This drives me crazy – adults walking around in PJ bottoms. I see this all the time at school bus stops. Buy a pair of sweatpants/lounge pants and sleep in those if you plan on walking around outside. I have a pair of grey sweats that are just as comfortable as my minnie mouse pajama bottoms. In fact, we got a new deck this year so I went out and bought a couple more of those. I go out there on weekend mornings with my coffee and my neighbors can see me. I don’t want them seeing me in my jammies.

Sorry, this is one of those pet peeves of mine.

3 Likes

@Disneyconsigliere Mine too. No experience w food courts but once I saw a barefoot man in pj bottoms in CL lounge at brekkie!!! Argh!!! Food area is not your personal kitchen nor living room please have some class & respect for others and wear something that doesn’t look like pjs and for crying out loud put on some flip flops at least. Takes 5 seconds. But I don’t even go outside my room w/o hair done. That’s why I have my “hotel hat” & yoga pants lol

3 Likes

IMHO - a resounding NO to the PJ’s in the food court!

1 Like

I travel for work and am always amazed at how comfortable people get in hotels. I wouldn’t do it but if it’s not lingerie and they are appropriately covered, who am I to complain? There’s not a lot of difference between some peoples jammies and other peoples casual park clothes.

3 Likes

I don’t care as long as I don’t have to look at anyone’s bum crack while I’m eating. Wear your pjs! I wouldn’t do it myself but then I don’t usually wear them so it’s as quick to pull on shorts and T shirt.

3 Likes

Doesn’t bother me

Under five years …sure. You all know we can see the mouse peeking out of the house in open fly pj pants…

3 Likes

I was soooooooooo tempted to just sneak down super early a.m. to grab my coffee. I was going to put my hoodie on, and my pj bottoms are cute…

and I was never going to see those people again…

But I didn’t. I got dressed first.

1 Like