We’re doing this!

I like how your DS rolls…erm…oh well…:rofl:
Loving the photos!!

4 Likes

Have fun! We just got back last night!

1 Like

How is it really with the masks in the heat? No one is talking about it which makes me think it’s so bad no one wants to talk about it.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it make you think it’s inconsequential so people aren’t talking about it?

1 Like

I don’t know. Maybe my inner cynic. Which is weird because I didn’t know I had one. 2020 is full of surprises

3 Likes

I’ll talk about it. We’ve gone twice and left parks after 3 hours due to heat, but we live locally so we don’t feel obligated to tough it out. You really need to bring multiple masks to change into due to perspiration. It felt gross to put a damp mask back on your face after eating. Also, we tried my homemade masks but they seemed too hot and switched to the standard surgical masks you can find easily. They seemed lighter and easier to wear, easier to breathe in etc… Our ears were not bothered at all, and didn’t really make us feel more warm, they weren’t really noticeable or uncomfortable. I wear glasses and they fog up and it’s annoying. We saw little kids wearing all over w/o complaint. It’s usually the adults that try to get away without them and I’ve not been impressed with enforcement.

Mask usage in the parks is much higher, like close to 100%, than in the Springs or around town.

5 Likes

When we got to the airport to leave for Florida, I had this moment where I realized I wouldn’t be able to take off my mask for probably the next 8 hours. Or at least not for more than a moment to take a drink or eat a bite. It kind of freaked me out a little. By the end of our trip, the mask was no big deal. The heat … now that’s a big deal. But when it’s brutally hot, the mask doesn’t make you feel hotter. It’s just hot and miserable all over.

11 Likes

i’ve been listening to some trip report podcasts. the question about wearing masks in the heat/all day has come up in each report. the consensus is that mask wearing is not nearly as bad/difficult as folks imagined before arriving to wdw. i’ve been surprised by the replies as i’d expect it to be a bit challenging.

5 Likes

Thanks @vcka, @Julianne_fki and @cousin_maude. Your experiences help a lot. I appreciate it.

1 Like

We have been ready to take a break each time we took them off, but I haven’t found it to be exceptionally difficult yet. We brought maybe 6 ones a piece and we’re using the Athleta made to Move ones.

4 Likes

I’ve been looking at those. Worth the cost? Love Athleta as a brand overall.

1 Like

We think so. We had originally bought them for back to school for DS, but we both really like them so we bought more. You need to cut the tag out- it’s in an awkward spot.

1 Like

Room service breakfast > room service dinner

11 Likes

Same with the Disney ones. Not shocking

Rope dropping Stormalong

17 Likes

I have these too and they are very nice

AK later, yes?

I CANNOT WAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITT!!!

2 Likes

Yup!

1 Like

The new floats at Stormalong are actually the ones from Blizzard Beach since they are closed…I hope they keep them here!

9 Likes

I see there’s a lot of reviews saying the Athleta ones are really small so you can’t talk without it dropping down below your nose.
Does that jibe with your experience at all or leave you totally scratching your head?