We need to talk about Soarin’

I have yet to watch Incredibles 2 all the way though and I went to see it in theaters and we also bought the DVD the day it came out.

My issue is that I am literally Jack-Jack’s mother & made the mistake of bringing him to the theater (ending up in the hallway for a good half of it) & then again thinking that I could watch the movie from start to finish while he was awake.Again no go.

We love looking for the hidden Mickey’s and other easter eggs in Disney movies too. We saw Moana so many times in theaters that we were able to find all the Easter Eggs (some with the help of the internet directing us after we looked them up) just by seeing it in the theaters. They make it such fun when they do this!

2 Likes

That is interesting–I had totally forgotten that. I’ve only ridden the DCA version once.

A harder hidden Mickey to find is when the Manta Rays are circling along the shoreline (mid-way through your “ride”). My sharp-eyed son noticed that one last year at DCA. Is that one in Epcot’s version?

1 Like

I… don’t know! I guess I’ll have to check during my next trip!

2 Likes

Back to the seating topic… If being first in line puts you at the distorted edge, what seating numbers are best? How many seats across the row?

One of the things I remembered most from the original was the scent over the orange groves and then the pine trees. And it truly did feel like hang-gliding. The scents in the new version just don’t cut it- whatever is supposed to be the ocean/water scent just smells like soap to me!

4 Likes

I think they did a good job on the smell where the elephants are running through the tall grass. Every time I ride it reminds me of the smell of the wild grass where I hunt

1 Like

So, after I told you all on here that I love Soarin’ no matter where I sit, and that my love for the ride made me not even notice the distortion…

Then I went and rode it twice.

I sat, randomly assigned, the first time in the far right last seat of C (bottom row) and the second time over in A and it’s true, the distortion on the ends is really bad!!

Now I see what you all were talking about and also DARN you for pointing it out. Although…it’s quite possible I would have picked up on It in Far Right C on my own.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know how the distortion is from the sides. Because of forum and chat, I knew to request B-1. I rode Soarin 3 or 4 times last trip and all but one time requested b-1. The other time we were out in b2 I think.

2 Likes

Rode Soarin for the first time in years on Thursday. Luckily got B without asking, but when I asked to wait for B1 was told if we wanted 1 we would have to go to A. I decided being in the middle was more important than being in 1, but man do the feet hanging down bother me. Eiffel Tower looked great though!

1 Like

Did you take that as meaning this is the new rule? No more asking for row 1 in B?

I’m guessing it was specific to that CM and not a new. rule. I think if I pushed she would have been ok with it but didn’t want to risk making a scene.

I actually prefer B3, I don’t mind the feet. B3 makes me feel closer to the action and more immersive! B1 I kept finding myself leaning forward!

1 Like

I’ve done B2 and not even noticed the feet unless I look up. I’m not too concerned about being in A or C either though, we just laugh at the distortion.

1 Like