We need to talk about shoes. Again

I’d have to do a field-test first to see how they rub. I’ve worn Crocs without socks and they do rub.

But a field-test would involve wearing Crocs with socks in the area where I live. That is obviously wholly unacceptable.

4 Likes

If the V&A shoes are comfy…I say go for it!

By the way, I find your take on sandals/flip flops being ugly interesting. I don’t think that they look that way at all!

We have a Clarks store near by and I bought the most comfortable pair of sandals there last year. They ended up being all that I wore on the trip because I thought I had left my other pair of incredibly comfortable Cob Hill sandals at home- only to find them nicely tucked away on the side pocket of my suitcase as I was packing to leave!

4 Likes

Oh they’re nice!

1 Like

I don’t object to flip-flops. I think they can look fine. I just personally find them excruciatingly painful to wear.

But sandals. Ugh. I’d rather go barefoot.

Actually, on a scale of 1 to 10, just how insane would that be. If it rained. And I only had the UltraBoost.

1 Like

You are a hippie at heart? I say that as a compliment. I have recently become much more aware of chemical usage. I have come to make my own deoderant as to eliminate chemicals on my skin! No more dryer sheets (super bad!!!)

3 Likes

They really are. I wore them all one summer as a casual shoe. My only pause in wearing them is I don’t want to scuff them before my dinner. After the dinner I may just wear them the whole time.

About to do a water test on the UltraBoost. Stand by.

1 Like

I have found my traditional Crocs can rub, but the sandals don’t.

1 Like

So, walking around in sandals as 50% of Floridian population would do looks funny to you, but walking around barefoot wouldn’t?

Weird. I’m guessing it is because of the kind of weather you get over there across the pond. Even here in Michigan, in summer months, sandals are quite the norm.

1 Like

probably a 10 on the insanity scale but who’s to judge?

No, you wouldn’t want that!

Nowhere close to a hippie at heart. But I am concerned about not just the environment, but the potential health implications of all the chemicals we used.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize about dryer sheets?! I think about the waste that each one makes but the chemicals are bad too?

1 Like

Have you ever tried it? It can be incredibly comfortable and liberating. Especially on grass. But even on pavements/sidewalks.

2 Likes

So laden with bad chemicals…formaldehyde is very high in them.

I use wool dryer balls and to help with static in the winter a muslin bag with himalayan sea salt in it.

Not concerned about the deodorants. All the concern about them has been summarily disproven (and yet the fear of them lingers). Dryer sheets, however, I don’t like to use. We bought these wool balls that you throw into the dryer. It speeds up the dry time plus helps eliminate the need for fabric softener.

1 Like

I hate being barefoot. My feet are so sensitive, I feel every little tiny grain of sand, etc. Even inside the house, on rare occasion I’ll take off my socks in the house and can only stand it a short while. So the only time I don’t have socks on are either when I’m sleeping, or when I’m wearing my Reefs! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh the things I learn while researching Disney World! I love the sound of the Himalayan sea salt. I am going to look for this and make the switch!

1 Like

and if you have any form of plantar fasciitis then barefeet are not a good option :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm. The water test on the Crep Protected UltraBoosts was not an unqualified success. I gave them fairly aggressive “rain” using a sprinkler setting on my kitchen tap. Some of it seemed to soak in, though not so much that I could feel it from the inside.

1 Like