We left the cute ones behind- A Trip Report

Careful, this is how I started TAing, and now everyone thinks I have some kind of unhealthy obsession :rofl::shushing_face::crazy_face:

5 Likes

I love my trips with the kids but the adults only ones are awesome as well. Enjoy!

1 Like

Oh man, we’re having too much fun. I saw Indiana Jones for the first trip time. Super fun. Rode TOT with G+. It was a walk on with G+, 50 min posted. Ate Ronto Wraps at Docking Bay 7. Rode ST w/ G± just for giggles. It wasn’t needed. But it was my most recently booked G+ so I was able to skip the 2 hour wait limit and book TSMM about 20 minutes earlier than I otherwise would have.

TSMM was down when I booked G+. And it converted into an Anytime pass sometime between 5-5:15 PM (the window was for 5-6).

Does anyone know about getting an Anytime pass moved to a different day? I know I need to go see guest services, but what exactly do I say? I want to ask if they’ll move it to Saturday :grimacing:

After ST, we checked out the Marketplace and Dock Ondar’s. Bought some light saber crystals. And now we’re chasing down some Photopass photographers while we wait for our MFSR G+ at 5:50.

13 Likes

14 Likes

Oof. The angle on that Ronto Wrap is awkward.

8 Likes

My best experience has been going to GS on the day I want to use it. It’s always a risk not to use it on the day you get it though. I would say, “We received this pass on X day but were unable to use it due to the timing. Can you move it to today for us?”

2 Likes

Home • this should help you enjoy there even more!!!

5 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Oh man! Good lookin’ out :joy::joy::rofl: be safe!

1 Like

This is by far the most relaxing day I’ve ever had at WDW. We’ve actually had down time. Where we could just meander and hunt down photopass photographers. That’s never happened. We haven’t waited in any lines. We’re skipping the headliners, but we’re okay with that.

Ate at Sci Fi. 9/10 for ambiance. 3/10 for fried food. How do you mess up fried food? Well, the onion rings (which were enthusiastically celebrated by someone here- lucky for them, I don’t remember who :wink:) we’re over-crunchy with almost no onion and got a big N-O from me. Chicken tenders were meh. Fries were thick cut and meh. Though saltiness was good. Service was great. I’d go back. I’d love to take the kids there, but definitely will be skipping the onion rings. Milkshakes were great!

10 Likes

11 Likes

Has Hondo always had dreads? Like, in the cartoons? How tf did I miss that?

14 Likes

Love that y’all are having an adults only trip. DH and I got to go alone February 2020 and it was so fun. Just such a different trip without the kids.

And I totally agree on Sci-Fi. The food is meh. Atmosphere is on point. I think the food at 50s is much better.

1 Like

My husband said, all in one breath, “I already miss our boys. I’m so glad they’re not here.”

16 Likes

Did you guys know there are MSE droid popcorn buckets that you can get in Batuu?!? Apparently you have to go up and say “have you seen a mouse?” and you get one. Magic.

I’d consider getting one, but it’s too late for us. We decided to hop in RotR line before park close, and we’re committed. Wait posted was 80 minutes. We’ll see.

8 Likes

Ah, the double edge sword. It’s nice to see you are doing this sooner than later. Our first trip w/o the kids was to DL and the youngest was 17. It was glorious. Glad you getting a head start on this couples only time :wink:

2 Likes

It is so life giving. Our last time away together was March 2021. We went on a weekend retreat. So we’re about due if we want to hit once a year. And our general thought is that we should try to hit once a year for as long as we don’t have a baby because once a baby comes, we’re not getting away alone overnight for at least a year.

3 Likes

As a parent, I feel this in my bones! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

80 minute posted, 60 min wait for RotR

5 Likes

We’re at at Oga’s. It is very full of people. I’m getting the outer rim and the rodian rations, on the recommendation of our photopass photographer.

12 Likes