We are going to have fun! (because I said so)

Well, you can’t say you didn’t try it. I guess UOR isn’t for everyone, thanks for the update!

5 Likes

To be fair, I liked it- I just need different traveling companions next time! I also think that COVID weighed on some and just kept them out of the mood.

6 Likes

Same for my family, which is why we usually do just one UOR day! I have to say I love the Jurassic Park area and the actual roller coasters are really fun (including Gringotts, The Mummy, and I presume some others that I haven’t had a chance to ride yet, like Hagrid’s). But simulators are a big no from me, including Forbidden Journey.

3 Likes

I forgot to add my favorite quote so far: “This looks like the inside of my brain!” - DD as we walked through the Dr. Seuss area :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :joy:

12 Likes

MK day is finally here! We’re up early giving me a chance to obsess slightly over our plan. The one ride request from DS is 7DMT so we’ll attempt to rope drop that. Honestly, I’m just hoping we find the right path from BLT to the park this morning…

5 Likes

Had a great day today. Kids were less enthusiastic with the whole wait-in-line-for-the-park-to-open thing but we got about 30 min extra park time. 7DMT & Haunted Mansion before park opening. Got in BTMR, Splash Mountain, PotC and the Tiki Room before lunch (Skipper Canteen). Moved over to Tomorrowland where DH skunked us all at Buzz Lightyear, DD tried Space Mountain for the first time (loved it) and I got over my fear of heights long enough to try Astro Orbitals (jury is out on that).

I hate to jinx things by saying how well it’s going. I went in worried about massive waits after the first hour but we didn’t wait more than 30 for anything. It was hard to leave but we’re trying to pace ourselves over this long trip. Next up: post park closing dinner at BOG. Hearing mixed reviews but the idea of being in the park after closing (our resi is 50 min after closing) was something I wanted to try.

20 Likes

Dinner at BOG was good. We did have to tap in even though the park was closed so tickets are still needed. Loved walking back in the dark with almost no one else in the park. Christmas decorations are up!

16 Likes

Beautiful!

Wonderful!

So pretty!! Sounds like a fantastic day!

My DH often had meltdowns when at DLR or really anywhere. In all fairness he never got to travel as a child except the occasional camping trip. I on the other hand traipsed all over. I learned to send him to go find a beer and cool off while I tended to the kids. DH usually had more meltdowns than the kids!

3 Likes

I do that too :joy: well except he doesn’t drink. But I do suggest he go take a walk and burn off some steam. To be fair, he does the same for me! Thankfully, we rarely melt down at the same time.

2 Likes

BG 23! A good start to the day!

15 Likes

I like to think that this is because I am drinking out of my HS mug today. You’re welcome!

4 Likes

I don’t melt down during our vacations. All mine are all at home and they can be doozies!!!

Woo hoo! Let the magic commence and may the Force be with you! Resistance Strong!

2 Likes

Sitting waiting for DD to try Tower of Terror for the first time. Loved RotR (of course). MDE directions routed us from there to Sci-Fi via Toy Story land. Sigh. Oh well, at least it was a short walk back to Droid Depot from there.

10 Likes

Are the droids talking to each other? They’re so much fun!

2 Likes

Yep. Chirped and what not all the way home. Kids are bumping into furniture with them as we speak! :grinning:

6 Likes

“Late” night as we closed out Epcot. Took our time and didn’t head over until early afternoon. I didn’t understand my DD’s hurry to get to the Chinese pavilion until we got there… turns out she wanted the new Mulan doll :roll_eyes: so the rest of the walk was bitter disappointment for her.

Some day (probably in the far distant future) I will be one of those people who actually eats around the lake, trying the various booths. Some day, but today was not that day. Test Track, Spaceship Earth and gift shops galore defined our day.

5 Likes