WDWNT reporting EPCOT monorail opening soon!

Scott Gustin is reporting on Twitter that bus service from Contempo and GF to Epcot will end July 25th, while bus service from Poly to Epcot will end mid-August. He notes that this seems to indicate that monorail service from Poly to TTC will resume mid-August.

ETA: Scott was the source cited for the Blog Mickey article. He is a theme park centric reporter.

twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1415400440456531974

4 Likes

He’s a good twitter follow!

2 Likes

Hi,
I was wondering- I plan to take the skyliner to Epcot on arrival day. When I exit, will I be able to get on the Epcot Monorail for a ride. Is it a far walk? Do I have to actually enter Epcot to ride it? I don’t have an Epcot ticket for the day?
Thanks

Yes. You’ll have to enter at the International Gateway and then go all the way through Epcot from the International Gateway to the Main Entrance to get to the monorail. So it’s not an option to go from Skyliner to Monorail without an Epcot ticket (and hopper).

2 Likes

Skyliner deposits you at the back of the park, at the international gateway. You’d have to go through the park to get to the monorail.

1 Like

Here is a map to show you where you’d need to walk. You’d need a ticket to get into the International Gateway and walk through Epcot. There is no walking path or other transport to avoid going through Epcot. So this is not an option for you, unfortunately.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/monorail/news/14jul2021-disney-worlds-epcot-monorail-will-return-to-service-july-18-2021.htm

Oh well maybe next time- Thanks for sharing that.

1 Like