WDW Trip Pain Points

What are generally the most frustrating or painful parts of WDW trips that you wish someone could help you solve? Are there obstacles that get in the way of your idea of a good vacation? Not looking for general gripes here, but more along the lines of group brainstorming about common issues that visitors face that may be fixable.

1 Like

Examples:

• My kids are hungry and I don’t know what’s available close that they might like with availability (walk-up or open mobile QS window)
  • I’ve got my full day planned but X happens and now I don’t have a good backup

Resort to resort transfers. 100% the worst thing.

12 Likes

The last day. It’s ALWAYS a challenge. Juggling time to leave, being “homeless” for most of the day (no hotel to go back to and/or can’t access 90% of my luggage as it’s all packed up), things I want to do, evaporated budget, and the realization that I have to drive an hour+ once I’m out of the bubble so I can’t “push myself”.

Solve that quantum physics problem, and I’ll throw all the money you want at you :rofl:

7 Likes

Transportation paths/wait times. There are some tools available on other sites to help, but they are approximations and out of date.

It could be nice to have a tool, similar to TP for optimizing a park day, to tell me how best to get from here to there.

11 Likes

Ditto this. We did our first trip last month. I researched everything and was still caught deer in the headlights because I thought there was a way to go straight from Contempo to WL. A CM saw my confusion and helped us but it felt embarrassing to have missed that in my planning.

1 Like

Since I obviously can’t heart @ryan1’s post, I’ll second his suggestion (and @OBNurseNH’s). If you’re new to WDW, figuring out transportation can be difficult, whether it’s figuring out where you can boat to vs. where you can skyline to, managing the nightmare of trying to get from one resort to another, or figuring out how to pivot when your preferred method of transportation is unavailable due to weather. If TP had a tool to show you all the possible ways to get from point A to point B, it would be super helpful.

5 Likes

Even if you’re not new to WDW it can be painful to figure out how to get from A to B, the main exception (most of the time) being getting to park from resort. Everything else requires some thoughtful planning.

It would be wicked cool if TP had a product that did that for you

4 Likes

There used to be a site (ourlaughingplace maybe?) that had a pretty cool transportation wizard. Last I checked it was offline to adjust for the skyliner.

1 Like

Yup but it is so far out of date by now.

3 Likes

This. This times thirty. I like to finish a trip with fireworks; I need a nap after lunch (um, I mean, the kids need a nap), so I need to not be homeless. The last day is a challenge.

2 Likes

I’ll say that almost all of my problems before, during, and after my trip have been solvable by coming to this forum and asking the question!

But to answer your question, one item that comes to mind is, what to do when it rains? (poncho advice, what rides to ride vs. which are closed, where to go for cover, etc.)

1 Like

Especially after a late dinner at a resort. Hopefully when the park hours start extending this will be less of a problem. One night back in december we had to get a Lyft from the Contemporary to the Poly. they wouldn’t even let us use the MK to GF walkway.

2 Likes

Agreed. I love resort hopping but there is no easy way to do it and not much direction on the best way to go. Transportation in general is a little fuzzy other than the very direct “Resort X to Park Y” options.

4 Likes

Agreed. I had the same trouble in April after my CG dinner. My ONLY option at that hour was to take an Uber. And at least then those were very hard to come by; I waited a good 30 minutes before I was able to get one. Definitely less than ideal. There needs to be a better way for resort guests to get back “home” after enjoying a meal in the late evening at another resort.

Of equal frustration is getting to an early morning breakfast ADR at a resort other than your own. Often your only option there is Uber as well.

7 Likes

Absolutely! Yes so frustrating. With Magical Express going away I was thinking about renting a car next year to see if its worth the extra cost. Not running into these situations already has me leaning to renting. Although im sure all the rental car companies will raise their prices Jan 1, 2022 :unamused:

2 Likes

We have a car this trip coming (11 days!). I had originally rented it when transportation options were still quite limited. It was wise that I did it then as costs have skyrocketed since! Anyway, I’m rather glad to have it. I think we will use buses for RD and the car at all the other times. It will be interesting because, except for a short solo trip in 2018, we have never used a car at WDW

4 Likes

Nice! that will be here before you know it. :slight_smile: you’ll have to let us know how it goes. I’ve never used a car there. At least now we have GPS. years ago i didn’t feel like dealing with the stress of constantly being lost and taking one wrong turn after another :joy:

2 Likes

I’d echo transportation as a difficulty. Park to Resort is no problem. Start mixing in resort to resort or Disney Springs and it gets complicated/frustrating. The issue though isn’t always how, but how long. Time is valuable on property and it is frustrating if time is wasted getting around.

5 Likes

This kind of depends on what they do with FPP and/or a replacement. In the old system, I found myself on my phone searching for my 4th+ FP instead of being present in the moment and interacting with the other folks in my party. WDW may fix that issue by changing or replacing FPP, though.

3 Likes