WDW to present phased reopening plans tomorrow 5/27

Dvc rental myself, I’ll post once I hear anything (…and hopefully breath a huge sigh of relief)

1 Like

My guess is that resort will be open at least by park opening. They mentioned a number of soft openings before July 11th, which I assume would be with cast members, AP holders, maybe even locals. My Speculation is that resorts will be fully reopened July 11, since hotels and resorts were determined to be an essential business by governor DeSantis in his March 29 executive order. So they can be open anytime.

2 Likes

Possibly. My wife pointed out that handling of hotel opening is a different thing from the parks. The task force had already laid out rules and such about hotels being able to open. So it may be that Disney doesn’t have to announce anything specific about resorts through the task force as long as they are adhering to the rules.

Universal, also, did not mention when their resorts are opening last week.

But it leaves us uncertain. We have reservations at Pop Century starting August 7. If Disney is doing a reservation system to get into the parks, will they be prioritizing who can make those reservations? Resorts guests get first shot? Then Annual Pass holders? That kind of thing? How much lead time to Disney plan to give guests? If we are driving down from Michigan to Florida to be there, we want to be guaranteed we are getting in. But then, maybe Disney really doesn’t want out of state guests at this point, and making decisions that will lead mostly to in state/local guests without explicitly stating so?

2 Likes

I wonder if the extension to annual passes might be even longer. I think I read somewhere that in Shanghai, they are/were not counting the phased reopening time as “open” so far as annual passes were concerned, even if a passholder went to the park during this time

that is an important point. I’m keeping my reservation up because you would think resort guests would have priority over reservations but who knows at this point.

1 Like

Also keeping my fingers crossed for this. Hope we find out sooner rather than later

1 Like

It is entirely possible that the extension will further. During the re-opening phase with reservations, there are going to be AP holders getting shut out due to limited reservations.

At the minimum the extension should be 117 days.

Let’s see how they will attempt to compensate AP holders for the loss of use.

1 Like

Me too. After watching Universal’s last week, I had very few questions. I could easily decide whether or not I wanted to keep our trip there in late July. But, I wanted to see what today brought since we would be at WDW more days than UOR. But I still have no idea. So many questions that are necessary to decide whether to even go to FL. I have great ADRs (all booked in the last week and a half when I came up with this crazy possible plan to go to FL instead of our planned Disneyland trip) and great FPPs over 8 days. But no way to know if we could get daily reservations, or use the FPP, or use the ADRs. Ugh.

1 Like

Right. Like, let’s say you planned to be in MK on Day X and you have your ADRs and FPPs for Day X already…but when you try to book your MK day, Day X is already full. :confused:

WDWs system of reservations and FPs is way more complex than UORs.

They will fill in the remaining gaps eventually. It’s a LOT of information they’ll eventually have to provide, and they might not have actually worked out every situation yet, much less figured out how to communicate it clearly to the super-WDWers (like Liners!) who know the ins and outs and workarounds for every WDW system.

Deep breath. We know a lot more than we knew yesterday.

1 Like

Hey…stop trying to quell our unhappiness! :wink:

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m in the same boat as we have (had?) a June reservation and an October reservation…trying to remind myself that I don’t have to decide THIS INSTANT what/how/when/where to rebook.

Yes, that is my fear. No way I am paying to stay onsite with no guarantee of admission. If they aren’t going to guarantee admission, that is fine and I wouldn’t be mad or anything…but we need to know at least a month before arrival, in my opinion. I am not too interested in paying any money on my package until I know how the reservation thing works.

2 Likes

Clearly no idea about what happens to people who already have ADRs and FPPs
But I imagine going forward we’ll have to reserve the park first and only then be able to go ahead with ADRs and FPPs.

I wonder if they will replace the ADR 180-day mark with something closer to the start of your trip?

1 Like

Additionally, Disney Vacation Club resorts at Walt Disney World will reopen to members and guests and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen on June 22.

2 Likes

Yeah I know WDW is much more complicated than UOR. I just thought today would include some more detailed info, instead of the same rehashing of what every single park says (masks, hand washing, social distancing… as if that will be any different than what Universal already said, and what Sea World said). I am happy to know an opening date, but the middle of July honestly makes things even more complicated to me for a trip that starts 2 weeks later. I was hoping for a mid June opening, just so I knew exactly what I was getting into for late July. But now, won’t know that until much closer to trip.

Guh. My ADR day is Monday. Hopefully no changes before then. I feel like they’ll have to accommodate existing reservations somehow.

1 Like

From the new Disney Blog post

At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations (Disney Vacation Club members can still make new reservations). Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold; we’ll be reaching out to these guests soon to provide additional details. We will resume new ticket sales and hotel reservations after that period of time.

6 Likes

Very good! This has more useful information than the Task Force presentation did. Thanks.

1 Like

Wonder what that means with my DVC rental starting the 21rst. Hopefully it still allows me to reschedule. I don’t want to be stuck with that. :frowning: