WDW SWGE experience

Last year, we went to DS on Black Friday weekend. It was unbelievably crowded. After a long bus ride from AKL to get there, we left in about 15 minutes. Just be prepared, worse than the malls at home.

Sorry about the less than spectacular experience at Oga’s!

We had the opposite experience. I cancelled our ADR the day before our SW:GE day, thinking we wouldn’t enjoy it with kids. But, as DS5 and I were leaving MFSR, we noticed they were taking walk-ins, so we said why not? Seeing DS5, the hostess said she would make an extra effort to fit us at a table. We got to sit next to the droid DJ, which DS loved! The overpriced drinks were OK, but our waiter was awesome and totally into his character as Oga’s bartender. Turns out the pre-mixed sugary (non-alcoholic) drinks are perfect for kids. He loved the blue drink he got, that was essentially powerade with extra sugar added to it :upside_down_face: Maybe if you go back with your young nephews, they’ll make the same effort to find you a table?!?

3 Likes

I have thought that maybe when the crowd demand diminishes it would be ok. I don’t think I will risk when we are there next month, though – it is the week Rise of the Resistance opens. And I’m glad the kids drink are good!

1 Like

This is my plan also. So excited for my solo trip!

I took DS6 there in September. The atmosphere was cool and all, but we were put at the bar and since he was only 47" tall, he couldn’t really see over the bar at all. It was crowded and the drinks were overpriced. Very neat experience, but not something I plan to do next year when we return. I wish we would have gotten the offer like another poster to try to put us at a table since I had someone small with me.

sounds fantastic to me :heart_eyes: (i’m weird, I enjoy insane crowds on Black Friday)

2 Likes