WDW sometime in 2020

Good morning! I used this website to help plan my first trip to DL last year, and y’all were the best! I had my heart set on my first Disney Cruise in 2020, but son and son-in-law are not really interested. Therefore, poor me, thoughts turn to a family trip to WDW instead.

We will be staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and hope to avoid any “special” parties. Maybe November? Haven’t been since 2017, so ToyStory and SWGE will be new to us.

Oh, just the thought of all the planning fills me with a strange mix of dread and excitement…

If you want to avoid party season, then you shouldn’t really go any time between August and December. Many nights during these months Magic Kingdom will close early for parties. I mean, going in summer helps to eliminate the parties and the park hours are longer, but the heat is pretty brutal. Would a May trip work? That’s a good time of the year to go for crowds and I don’t think it’s quite as hot yet. Plus, you’ll avoid the parties.

Thanks. Yes, ANY time is a possibility…coordinating vacation time with 6 adults will be the deciding factor.

Late October or early February are great times to go in terms of crowds, although you might need to be on the lookout for race weekends to avoid.

Those are also pretty decent times in terms of weather (although, October is still hurricane season…late October is better than September, when crowds are lowest). There may be parties, but those can be scheduled around without too much trouble.

1 Like