WDW’s crazy ticket prices

Thank you, but I doubt we’ll be going back now until the gouging clearly stops, if ever. Here is another example of why I say that. Its a screen shot of the ONLY room available at the GF out of two weeks my wife and I were considering for our upcoming 50th anniversary in May. No joke, only this $2,395 a night room showed as available to me in those two weeks when I searched this afternoon. Nothing else. And this was using the special PIN code and reservation link I was sent!!! As much as I love my wife and would like to splurge on another adventure in Florida, it aint gonna happen at these rates.

If I check the other “Special Offer” offers instead of my wonderful PIN code … you guessed it, other less expensive rooms (but with a smaller discount) became available. I’m fast getting tired of trying to work around all the crazy pricing games Disney set up so I can enjoy myself at WDW without feeling like I was played.

5 Likes

Yikes! I don’t blame you. Have you thought about renting DVC points? I’ve never done it, but looked into it, many liners swear by it too. An example of renting points: I just saw four nights at Poly for 17 pts a night, deluxe studio. If they were rented at $20 a point (don’t know what going rate is) that would be $1360 for the four nights (total).

1 Like

Renting points is the best! (Unless you own. :wink:)

1 Like

Daves DVC is $20 at most home resorts more than 7 months out, $19 if not. I think at DVC store but not 100% sure its this website, but one of them anyways, they have a chart showing how many points per night for every room type for every day of 2022. This also helps if your trying to rent points at a lower rate vs. set dates on a calendar.

3 Likes

We are doing one night, two park days at Disney in March and two nights, three park days at Universal. The cost is about the same for both trips, which is nuts since one is a whole night longer!

I just came back from Universal Hollywood (did the VIP tour) and I’m super excited about Nintendo world opening up one day. Oddly, I think Universal does a better job of setting the stage for the rides and telling the story in the ride. The queues and preshows really tell you where you are and make you part of the story in a way I don’t think Disney has really managed as well yet (except for ROTR which is the best ride of any of the parks.)

4 Likes

12 Likes