Best WDW Resorts

My brane is wicked smaht and not at all easily tricked, kid. Yah probly right.

5 Likes

Makes a lot of sense. If they ever open up a new resort with a super exciting theme of the midwestern farm with a ‘savanna view’ of dairy cows, corn, and soybeans, I’m sure as heck not staying there. :grin:

9 Likes

We’ll see if you’re right!

1 Like

I thought the photo they used for CC was horrid. I also think having WL with three options(WL, BR, CC) hurts it.

That being said, I never wanted DVC before CC but I picked AKL.

1 Like

Ooh good point. Splitting the vote, in a way (even if not exactly)

2 Likes

What was your rationale here? I’m especially curious because I know you had one particularly bad stay at AKL. Is it the availability (or lack of) thing?

When I think of CC I think of the lodge photo.

1 Like

I can’t remember what I voted for because I kept changing back and forth. I’d be happy with either winner in a lot of these match-ups. For instance, I think I voted for BCV over WL since I’m staying at BCV next month and seems weird to vote against the resort I chose, but I do so love WL!

2 Likes

I really struggled with WL vs Poly and Contemporary vs AKL Kidani. Reasons being, I prefer WL to Poly but Poly is more convenient and I prefer AKL to Contemporary but again convenience. So I wouldn’t always choose my favorite style wise vs being able to walk to a park or take a monorail or boat. So those were hard for me. I LOVE the Epcot area as Epcot is my favorite park and DHS has the best rides right now so I want to walk to them. And Boardwalk hands down has the most theming (except the horrid nanny chairs!)

1 Like

This is the reason I’m indifferent to WL. We spend a fair amount of time in the “north woods” in MN and National Parks that have the same styling as WL.

1 Like

1 Like

Ugh AKL Jambo vs Poly is just the hardest choice. I had to choose AKL. But that was painful.

1 Like

I’m a little bit shocked AKL is ranking so high. It ranks pretty low on my list of favorite deluxe resorts.

1 Like

It’s definitely one of those resorts that people seem to love or completely be indifferent to.
It’s my number 1, and I’ve stayed at most of the deluxes.
I’m completely indifferent to the Epcot resorts myself.

3 Likes

A lot of passionate AKL lovers I guess. And I’m shocked YC beat GF.

YC has SAB!

True, and that’s not a small factor, but it wasn’t enough of a factor for BCV to beat Wilderness. (BC vs Poly was an unfair first round matchup for BC.) I thought GF was held as THE signature resort.

1 Like

It’s so highly themed It really is like stepping into another place in this world. I think it’s uniqueness is what boosts it in surveys like this and it has a freaking savanna

3 Likes

Yeah I get it, but without the savanna I think it’s got all the same negatives as like OKW, SSR, etc. I love to visit and dine there (I miss Boma so much), but for a longer trip I’d want a more convenient location and ability to have more dining options such as a Crescent Lake or Monorail resort. Thankfully there are so many options for all us.

2 Likes

I think it ultimately depends on what things you value as important. While my second favorite resort is a monorail resort, proximity to a park or ease of transportation is not something that factors in to what I value. I value the wow factor, that feeling that I’ve been transported. Because we are not high powered, let’s spend 12+ hours in the parks people.

5 Likes