WDW reducing social distancing requirement from 6 feet to 3 feet

Disney will soon begin the process of reducing physical distancing at the Walt Disney World Resort following updated guidance from Orange County.

The reduction from 6ft to 3ft will take place in certain areas at the parks, resort hotels and Disney Springs, but won’t apply to dining areas, shopping or any area where guests can remove masks. Cars may also be directed to resume parking in every space.

The company has also updated its website with the following description of its physical distancing policy:

“Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.”

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/12may2021-disney-world-will-begin-reducing-distancing-to-3ft-over-the-next-few-weeks.htm

IMHO, this is critical to getting things back completely re-opened.

18 Likes

This should help open areas of the park feel less crowded as queues move more to indoor. It may also allow for reopening of places being used for queues.

10 Likes

hahaha… there was no social distancing going on at DS… that’s why I avoided it and they’ve been parking in all spots for awhile now.

4 Likes

i’m actually looking forward to Busses being used at full capacity again, but I doubt they will be impacted by this decision at the moment. Still, it’s nice to see this.

I wasn’t even aware cars were being spread out.

5 Likes

They are parking cars in every other space. Then later coming back and directing car to fill in the spaces left empty.

2 Likes

I’m for this - forever. I mean really cant we always have a 3 foot buffer :woman_shrugging:

19 Likes

During the Twitch stream that TouringPlans did last Friday at HS and AK, it was stated that the 6 foot markers were more of suggestions as the guests were not paying much attention to them, especially in the actual queue, and that the CMs were not enforcing them.

I never saw a CM enforce the 6ft spacing, just mask usage. I have noticed that ppl are closing the gaps inline but I too like @cjandres want 3 feet forever. I HATE it when strangers are touching me or breathing down my neck EEW.

7 Likes

Yes, please! :raising_hand_woman:t4:

I didn’t realize how much I dislike having people stand so close to me, until I didn’t have to have them stand so close to me. I love the distancing! I want to keep it forever!

7 Likes

What I’ve found is that if I and my party stay on our line, the party behind us will usually notice and then give us the space behind as well. Like I said, I love the distancing just because. It amazes me that people WANT to stand that close to strangers!

7 Likes

Who are these weirdos who stand closer than 3’ to strangers unless they’re actually conversing with them?

9 Likes

Pandemic aside, I’ve never felt that people stood unreasonably too close to one another in lines, naturally, unless instructed to by the CMs (“please fill in all available space”).

I think the pandemic has made us far more hyperaware of how close people are to us in a way that honestly was never (probably shouldn’t use such an absolute as “never”, but perhaps “rarely”) an issue before.

7 Likes

Remind me again why I’m still not allowed to fly from the UK to the US.

(No, I’m not going to shut up about it. You may not care about me, but you might wonder why you are now just sabotaging your economy for no reason.)

I’ll just leave this here:

That’s, er, two deaths.

7 Likes

None of us on these forums have anything to do with this decision, nor any power to change it. Just sayin’.

4 Likes

Close talkers

4 Likes

maybe it’s you? :rofl::joy: jk. I’ve always had a problem w/ strangers standing too close to me :frowning: I’ve also done body blocking to prevent ppl inline that are purposefully out to cut and snake ahead in the line. Some ppl are very aggressive about it.

2 Likes

That’s clearly not true. The US is still, technically, a democracy.

3 Likes

Incorrect. We are a democratic republic.

11 Likes

We are willing to do a swap. All Brits are allowed to come here as much as they want only if the Brits take back Meghan and Harry, PERMANENTLY.

Until then, you are not allowed in.

8 Likes

I’m #teamharry, so I’d be delighted to do so.

9 Likes