WDW raises the price of Magicbands by $5

I love Magicbands, I made sure to buy them for my family when we take my son for his first trip and my parents first trip since ‘99.

However, it’s antiquated technology at this point. Almost everyone has a smartphone these days which includes the necessary NFC tech to keep your tickets/room keys on your phone. So this is how Disney begins phasing the bands out. You can still have them if you want them but you have to pay a premium for them.

Which is fine, IMO, since in the 20’s we’re looking for every possible way to cut out extra waste.

I wish they could still offer them for free to children who may not have cellphones yet, but if you really want a free option other than your phone you can still get a Key To The World card.

2 Likes

Have you seen this ?

7 Likes

OMG :joy::joy::joy: sentence

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I might be…

2 Likes

Wow. Who knew I had a line. Turns out I do. And that crossed it. Maybe I should discuss it with my therapist.

1 Like

What line, dare I ask? :grimacing:

1 Like

I was thinking about that. You COULD buy a band while your there, then get a $5 one and just exchange the puck when it dies eventually.

1 Like

I found the violence really disturbing, especially when Statler had visible injuries.

I do think they need them for younger kids. I just recently downloaded magic mobile cards onto my apple watch but is has both mine and DD7’s. I’m not sure how that works as far as scanning into parks as I haven’t tried it yet. I’d much rather have her just use her band. In addition, I have a bit of security knowing if she gets lost a cast member can just scan her band and its linked to me.

3 Likes

Ok I will not say anything dismissive. Talk to your therapist. You are entitled to your feelings. SNL crosses lots of lines but beating up a heckling puppet isn’t one for me.

Edited: I actually thought the purple swollen eyes were clever

1 Like

Haven’t been much of an SNL watcher since the late 90s or so in high school, but that was funny. But the cringy sounding and looking Kermit, ahhhhhh. :frog:

3 Likes

I know the voices weren’t spot on but … puppets… Key & Peele sketches are fab. I felt like I could see Key’s influence on this episode of SNL. There have been casts that I avoided until they rotated out. I like the current cast.

2 Likes

I agree. There is no one overtly offensive in this cast. I do miss some people who have left recently-ish, but overall everyone is pretty great.

1 Like

I miss Leslie Jones

5 Likes

I miss Bill Hader and Bibby Moynihan. I swear I will cry when Kenan retires.

3 Likes

I often fast forward thru the whole show and just watch weekend update which always makes me laugh. I love Michael Che and Colin Jost and Kate McKinnon is fabulous but I find a lot of it not funny at all. However, that episode with Adam Driver was fabulous. There are episodes and guests that make the show here and there. The Will Ferrell years and the Phil Hartman/Mike Myers years are my fave casts of my lifetime.

2 Likes

my DH only watches the weekend update too, they are the BEST right now! Elon Musk last week??? was awkward and funny at the same time; surprising host.

1 Like

That was a fabulous episode and what a surprise. He was fabulous

1 Like

And I could totally relate to the one skit with Gen Z lingo and the mom dying. My DD13 talks like that and I don’t know what she’s saying. Apparently bussin’ means good and git means kid? I mean why?

2 Likes