WDW planning helped me register for summer camp!

Does anyone have examples of WDW planning helping them be successful in other areas of their life? I thought you all would enjoy this example of how it helped me.
Saturday registration opened at 9 AM for a highly coveted day camp. Because I work full time, I had to try to register my son for coordinating AM and PM sessions. You can register for 6 sessions maximum, so I had 6 sessions I wanted to register him for. At 8:50, as I sat at my laptop to prepare, I decided to try what I had learned on my ADR day and opened a tab for each session. I clicked refresh until 9:01 when I could add them to my cart. Then I proceeded to jump from tab to tab, refreshing and adding to my cart until I checked out at 9:05!
At 9:20 another parent called me to tell me by the time she tried to check out all the sessions were gone! Crazy! Thank you WDW for conditioning me! I can hardly wait for my FPP day!

15 Likes

I hadn’t come across the tab method for FPP before, what a great tip. Thanks! My FPP day was back in early January so this won’t help with my current trip (maybe perhaps SDDs but I find my phone is quicker for these). I’ll definitely be trying this on any future trips.

1 Like

Little league baseball is very popular around us, and the league holds tryouts once each season at each of the neighborhood schools. When my son wanted to try out, we “rope dropped” baseball tryouts, arrived 15 minutes early, lined up, filled out paper work, and were ready to go and out of there by official try out time. Later that evening, friends called to say they arrived about 20 minutes after the posted start time and waited over an hour. And there was still a line after they finished. Thanks to Disney planning, our wait was painless.

2 Likes

I will have to remember this one when we hit the level where we have to try out for little league.

1 Like

Yeah, it was a little clumsy for me on ADR day because I ended up having to log back it each tab. I think I may not have had it set up right but on Saturday it worked like magic.

I’ve been trained for rope dropping since I was a child - growing up, my dad’s attitude was that if you couldn’t get to any kind of public office (driver’s license, passport, walk-in clinic) 30 minutes before it opened there was no point in going.

2 Likes

I had to renew my license plates. Both neighbors assured me they had been trying for weeks to get an appointment with no luck. On my appointment making day I had all three computers turned on 30 minutes before opening time. Multiple browsers, multiple tabs open at the pages I needed. My appointment is on Thursday. My neighbors still don’t have one I think. Thank you TP training!!

4 Likes

I know I came home wanting an app to prioritize my day like Lines! (Put in my appts and kid shuttling…add in chores and expected times…optimize my day!)

1 Like

With all the crazy parking, I’ve learned to RD Costco. If I can’t be there before opening, there’s no point. Oh yeah, then you have to strategically wait for the chickens to come out, but not look desperate.

3 Likes

Other way around for me. I felt like years of parent-teacher conference sign-ups had prepared me for FPP. The best times (weekends/evenings) go fast and you need every teacher for every child.

1 Like

We have a local homeschool science program that is similar. 22 slots per grade level x 4 classes and they’re typically gone within 5 minutes of the registration being opened. I have often joked with other moms that my FP fingers come in handy. I have alarms set and my tab open ready to go. Hasn’t failed me yet!

1 Like

Sounds similar! I’m dreading next year when my daughter is old enough for camp because I’ll have to try to get 12 sessions.