WDW planning for a party of 9 (make that 12)

This is a fabulous idea!! The crowds are so much lower on party days!

I just learned today that the best time to buy airfare is after 12 weeks prior. Airfare right now is too $$$. I am holding off on buying my Oct/Nov airfare until Summer.

1 Like

And if you have issues getting the ADRs for the times you need , use the reservation finder :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is true for some airlines. Not for Southwest though :slight_smile:

Sounds like we may be there at the same time (10/30-11/6 for us)!

1 Like

Thanks. And yes about holding steady for flights for now. Except SW which can be easily rebooked without penalty. I did some charting of my own and it seems the sweet spot is around 90 days. Others have said even less but I think it depends what time of year and Holidays do play a factor. For my Mid October trip it seems like end of June to mid July might be the sweet spot. Hoping I can refrain myself til then.

1 Like

Love me some res finder. Used it successfully a few times for others already.

1 Like

My dates are 10/17 - 10/24. Ill just miss you. But ill save some good weather for you. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’m 10/26-11/4, maybe 10/27-11/5 if airfare doesn’t cooperate with me! I have 2 overlapping reservations I need to decide upon too - POFQ & BC.

I need to do what you have done with ADRs. My 180 day ADR day is quickly approaching. I originally talked myself into choosing EMH days and have since talked myself out of it.

1 Like

Yeah me too. If it was just a small group like my last trip(3) I would so go for the extra hours. But not with this group of 9.

1 Like

Yep, our dates overlap. Let me know if you’re available for a meetup!

Where are you staying @BoilerMomPharmD ?

EMH PM will not Work for us. DD7 will demand bed immediately after fireworks. And I won’t be able to make RD if we burn the candle at both ends. RD is way more important to me.

Pop!

I love POP! I’m sure we can synch up for a meet. I’m trying to rope drop every day, take midday breaks about 1/2 the trip. Remind me when it gets closer and we’ll compare notes on our plans. I’m planning MNSSHP for 10/31 but haven’t bought tickets yet.

1 Like

Fun! My kids are young and early birds, so definitely doing RD every say. We will be in MK on 10/31 but not doing the party. I’ll set a reminder for myself to message you closer to time!

1 Like

Perfect! I’ll be in MK that day late morning/early afternoon.

I think all breakfast ADR’s is a strange choice.

Well, it’s not for everyone I guess. #1. We RD the first couple of hours and get in most headliners. #2. By that time we have worked up an appetite, so its a perfect time for us. #3. They are all character ADR’s and we don’t like the rushed feeling of a PPO ADR. #4. We are staying offsite and will be taking midday breaks back at the house we rented, so we will be eating our dinners at the house. #5. Breakfast is about half the price of dinner inside the bubble. #6. QS is not our thing. #7. A 10:30-10:45 breakfast ADR will sometimes give you the opportunity to experience the lunch menu as well.
Like I said, not for everyone. Just works for us.

4 Likes

We love late breakfast ADRs! That’s our plan again this time too.

We also like to eat TS at 10:30 or 11. Works for us as well!

2 Likes

Update: 180 days til trip…DECISIONS!!!

So it’s 180 day time and I’m second guessing my whole park schedule. Which is wreaking havoc on my ADR plans. I really like my current schedule except for the fact that we will have no fireworks at either of our MK days.

We are there from a Wed to a Wed with no parks on arrival or departure day and will be touring parks Thur, Fri, Sun, Mon, & Tue. 5 day base tix, no hoppers. We want 2 MK days. One is etched in stone. Thats our last day, a Tuesday, it’s also EMM morning for us and a party night so no fireworks.

So im torn between which will be our other MK day. Id like it to be a non party night so we can see fireworks but that only leaves Monday as an option as all other nights have Mnsshp. CL is listed as an 8 compared to a 2-3 on our other alternatives. Plus it would be a night before the EMM the next morning.

Do I sacrifice HEA for a more relaxed touring schedule or do I chance the CL8 with a later night and an early morning the next day?

I was thinking about adding party tix. Cost would be about 1k for the 9 of us. I’m just concerned about the commitment. What if the weather doesn’t cooperate? Do they really offer no refunds? I really don’t think 1/2 my group will make it much past the 9pm fireworks. Especially after being in a park earlier in the day. So im trying to rationalize it.

Another alternative is a fireworks cruise. Havnt looked into the specifics but from what I gather I can rent a charter boat for a few hours for about $400. So im going to scope that out.