WDW (Other) Transportation

We’re coming…FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! - in mid-April and are now staying at Coronado Springs. Is it possible for Uber/Lyft to get us to the parks early - like REAL early? Do they go through the same traffic lines as all the cars? The busses don’t seem like a valid option for getting to the parks for RD. We’re Disneyland loyalists and multi-time visitors, so this is all confusing to us. Thanks for any help!!!

2 Likes

Uber / Lyft are allowed into the parking lots at the same time as cars, which is about an hour or less before posted park opening. However, you can take Uber to Swan / Dolphin (or nearby gas station) to walk to HS or Epcot, and if you have a mobile order you can get into GF for MK (or an ADR will get you to Contemporary - they seem to be stingy about Mobile Order). AK you’re stuck with the rest of the auto traffic.

1 Like

They generally are, if you are at the bus stop early enough. (seems like 90 minutes before park opening is typically enough?)

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. We’re seeing on some bloggers it’s possible to get in the parks sometimes even an hour before they open. So, are you suggesting Uber/Lyft might not be able to do that? What time to the busses start running? Will they be available to pick us up at say, 7:30 to get into MK? (Sorry for all the questions. We just want to do this right! haha!)

Yet another question… can you uber/lyft to another resort, like Grand Floridian, and use their walking path?

1 Like

You will get in close to an hour before, but if you drop off at the front of the park, it will be the same time as cars. It’s actually been something like 55-50 min before published park opening, and the park has been opening like 40 min before published park opening.

Something like this, assuming an 8:00am published park opening:

6:30am Arrive at bus stop
6:40am 1st bus leaves
7:00am 1st bus arrives at park gate
7:10am Parking lot opens
7:20am Park opens
8:00am Published park opening

If someone wants to correct me on any of these numbers, I’m open to correction. Obviously it varies park to park, resort to resort, and day to day. This is my impression from various trip reports I’ve read.

Yes. As I mentioned above, you need to make a Mobile Order (at a quick service dining location in GF) to get in the security gate at GF. Then you can either cancel your mobile order or go pick it up, then walk to the gate. This way you can get to MK earlier than both the buses and cars. Also can be used to get to HS / Epcot via Speedway gas station or Swan/Dolphin (no reservation needed I believe) or Boardwalk/BC/YC (with an ADR).

2 Likes

So there is a walking path between GF and MK? (None is showing on Google maps.)

Looks like Gasparilla might be a great choice? Open early and lots of choices.

1 Like

Yes, it opened in the last 6 months, so it wouldn’t be on satellite maps yet.

1 Like

So if we mobile order some coffees and cocoas and walk over, is there a place near the MK gate where we can unmask to drink them? Or do we need to drink somewhere before we walk over? (I’m assuming walking while drinking would be not allowed.)

ETA: Found this helpful walkway guide

ETA: Also useful

This is a gray area. You can’t walk and eat while at the parks or resorts, but for the walkways between resorts you might be ok. All reports so far are that the GF walkway is not heavily used, so you should be apart from others.

But failing that, as long as you are stopped and distanced, you can eat and drink. You don’t have to be at a table or bench necessarily.

2 Likes

And the old procedure where Main Street was open an hour ahead of time snd we queued up in the hub to go to the various lands is no longer a thing? It’s straight to a ride queue after we get through the gate?

2 Likes

My impression is that they are letting people all the way in generally, but I could be wrong. The idea being as soon as a crowd has gathered somewhere, they are giving that crowd breathing room by letting them in further.

1 Like

I encountered maybe 3 people on my way to MK from the Poly 90 minutes before opening. No pedestrian traffic/interaction issues. But I wasn’t strolling, I was power walking and not drinking coffee or snacking!

1 Like

Yes. We were held at the security check from the walkway from GF (which is also security from resort launches to WL and Fort Wilderness) and then once through went to tap-in and in the park

2 Likes