WDW now promoting "Holiday Magic Is Here" starting November 6th, instead of MVMCP & Candlelight Processional

And I hope after all these years you’ve learned that people believe what they want to, and thats their right of course. And that is their issue to deal with, not yours. There will always be people in the world that feel the need to be extra. I think you’re a wonderful, sometimes a bit snarky :wink:, person that deserves love and respect. I find you to be like lightening, a bright and magnificent thing, crashing through the clouds. Be proud and keep that spark alive!

1 Like

I’m ok w/ owning up to it :wink: … and so should others… My daughter was sent home from school (8th grade, when we lived in Lee Cty, FL) for wearing spaghetti straps. Lee Cty is tropical, next to Everglades… hello! HOT, dress for the weather! They had changed the dress code over the summer and didn’t inform anyone. She led a revolt, presented to the school leardership, school board, started a petition, that all the teachers and most parents signed, and got the dress code over turned. She’s got moxey that one! Don’t ever debate her. I personally find that T-shirt offensive. Judge not least ye’ be judged for only god knows the heart of a wo/man.

3 Likes

I will never agree with this when the ‘other’ seeks to infringe upon the rights of others, spews hate, incites violence. I know the ALCU defends all but there are some groups that need to be squashed. A civil society should be able to keep the cockroaches in the dark corners where they belong.

5 Likes

I think he was disputing this :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’m reminded of a bit that Margaret Cho, the comedian, did about women’s attitudes to their bodies, maybe ten years ago.

She said that women are fighting billions of dollars worth of advertising propaganda telling them they’re not good enough and need to spend money to be better. The onslaught is relentless.

And the gay thing is like that. Of course not all Christians are bigoted lunatics. Some of them may even be quite nice. But I’ve been barraged my whole life with criticism about who I am (not always directly) and it’s exhausting.

4 Likes

Muwah :kissing_heart:

1 Like

This is another reason I love my city. Everyone is welcome. We generally play nice on the school yard (as a whole, we do have our share of individuals tho :woman_facepalming:). Family, Friends, Neighbors, Music, Food Love. Sums us up pretty much!

It is exhausting! There are different kinds of christians w/in America and unfortunately the voice of the good ones are silent and are drowned out by the loud mouthed vile fundamentalists. I shake my head at both in disbelief all the time.

2 Likes

For a variety of reasons that I understand and have taken steps towards dealing with, my postings yesterday on this thread were inappropriate. That’s my bad and I apologise for it.

4 Likes

They were passionate. You’re fine.

2 Likes

Who knew I was that big of a fan of Whoopie Goldberg? I only really saw her in Ghost, which admittedly is a great movie, but not explicitly because of her. It’s her voice I like the most. Which does make her a good, er, narrator of things. Uh oh.

2 Likes

It does. Im sure thats why she got the job. Shes very animated, a personality to say the least. Shes definitely not monotone!

2 Likes

Thanks for the apology, Matt.

1 Like

I got Gary Sinise. I was expecting to hate him because, you know, Catholic. But he was really good. I left with the distinct impression he might be a good person. As well as a talented actor / narrator.

Oh, and my first time I got Aouiouo Ouioue. She was fine. Apparently she voices a Disney character. I wouldn’t know. I don’t watch cartoons. I’m not a child.

1 Like

Ummm, no comment.

2 Likes

I didnt watch many cartoons as a child, rainbow brite, heman and sheera. Oh, does the Simpsons count :grin:

1 Like

Gary Sinise is a great person.

2 Likes

I am a Christian with deeply held personal beliefs. I read through this discussion when it got heated, and admittedly was slightly offended by some of the comments and characterizations of Christians, although I know that will happen in my life from time to time by having these beliefs. Although none of the comments were directed at me, I appreciate the apology. While we may never agree on religion, I appreciate all your contributions here and your style that sticks out above the group to always keep things interesting. I enjoy your blunt takes on things.

I’m glad the forum has allowed for some venture into more controversial territory lately. Most comment boards would not be able to handle this, and hateful vitriol would be flung back and forth at each other. I do have the tendency sometimes to want to fiercely defend myself and my opinion if I feel it is being attacked or mocked, but I need to catch myself to make sure I don’t take it too far. This forum feels more to me like an extended family rather than random strangers on the other side of a screen. There will be some disagreements, but there is underlying respect and goodwill with our shared love of Disney. The more we share, the more we learn about each other. Kudos to the mods for allowing a lot more free speech than other places and trusting us to keep things civil enough and figure it out.

10 Likes

I am not a Christian for the simple reason that I simply don’t — actually, I think it’s more accurate to say can’t — believe that the Bible is the word of God. This is not the place to debate the rights and wrongs of that, but it is my personal truth. I don’t believe it.

I am, er, unenthusiastic about Christianity — by which I mean organised religion — because it has been responsible for much that is bad. The problem I imagine for many good Christians is that their good works are mostly invisible, whereas the bad works of the churches they support are known the world over.

I’m surprised the thread has been allowed to run in the way that it has. I agree that it is to the credit of the moderators for trusting us not to let it get too far out of control. And for the participants for reining themselves in. Mostly. Ahem.

2 Likes

My favourite 9/11 story is this.

I was working at a boarding school in New England and 9/11 was arrival day for new students. The parents of one of those students both worked in the WTC. They would have been there had they not been accompanying their daughter to her first day at school.

3 Likes