WDW now promoting "Holiday Magic Is Here" starting November 6th, instead of MVMCP & Candlelight Processional

Agreed. I also expect Disney to get a sudden flood of fresh cancellations.

3 Likes

Probably a bit like Topolino’s, although they may have them simply appear behind a roped off area to avoid the issues they were / are having at Topolino’s (I haven’t heard if they have changed anything there yet).

1 Like

@drvillarejos We saw Pat Sajak in December. He was great.

2 Likes

well… I’m still going to see fall and holiday stuff as soon as I can get my DH to go with… or maybe I’l just cut out of work early and head down alone. Sept 15th Halloween stuff appears, right?!

1 Like

I thought that was the first day when guests are allowed to wear Halloween costumes into the parks or is it only MK?

This what they have on the website

Seasonal Surprises at Magic Kingdom Park

Discover fall time delights to celebrate the Halloween season.

• Special Appearances – Be on the lookout for some beloved Characters sporting their favorite Halloween costumes during special cavalcades down Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Dress Up Fun – Embrace the spirit of the season by donning your own Halloween costume September 15 – October 31, 2020. Please remember all guests are required to wear approved face coverings during their visit. Before you arrive, check our Know Before You Go page and Costume Guidelines.
  • Delicious Treats – Satisfy your sweet and savory taste buds with seasonal food and beverages specialties that are available for purchase at select locations around the park.
  • Boo-tiful Merchandise – Get festive with Halloween-themed gear and novelties available at select locations around the park.
  • Bewitching Décor – Spot spirited touches along Main Street, U.S.A.
  • Themed Photo Opportunities – Explore special seasonal Disney PhotoPass features to enhance your family shots.

Many hallmarks of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party—like stage shows, parades and fireworks—cannot take place in this new, unprecedented environment. With that in mind, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.

OMGosh, you are SO thoughtful to share that intel again, Thank You!

I guess I should look for a costumn? nah, I’ll go as is and soak it all in. I smell pumpkin

3 Likes

I know in the past adult guests weren’t allowed to wear costumes, but Halloween 2018 party we saw three grown hairy men dressed as Sleeping Beauty’s three fairy godmothers. It was hilarious. I still wish I had got a pic of them. Three men in dresses, one pink, blue, green… with pointed hats w/ veils and wands. Hairy chests hanging over the top of scoop neck dress… fabulous. I think they were allowed in since there was NO way they would be mistaken for a CM.

1 Like

I think adults can wear costumes at the parties, but not during normal park hours. The change this year is that they are allowing them during normal park hours.

6 Likes

I mean - they’re already wearing masks. :smirk:

4 Likes

Okay, how does this work?

Disney Costume rules say you can’t wear a mask.
Disney Health rules say you must wear a mask.

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

2 Likes

This mask is a different kind of mask to . . .

. . . this mask.

3 Likes

In 2018 we had our costumes on prior to the party starting and nobody said a word. We were pirates. If I recall, we had an appointment for the boys at The Pirate’s League just before 2pm, and we all changed then. So we were out and about in costume by 3pm.

There’s a big difference between an hour before the party started - last year at least some party guests could get in at 2.30 so you wouldn’t even have been the only ones in costume - and just normal park hours on a non-party day, when they certainly would have said something. This year they are all non-party days and costumes can be worn in normal park hours.

1 Like

More information coming from WDW about Halloween from Disney Parks Blog

On select days, you may even encounter a cavalcade of Disney Villains – from Gaston and Maleficent to Queen of Hearts and Jafar – creeping down the path, or a nightmarish procession featuring the Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington!

welcome the iconic Dapper Dans back to Magic Kingdom Park, beginning September 20, performing as their undead alter egos The Cadaver Dans.

2 Likes

Ugh :weary:. I think i literally heard my wife’s heart break when she heard there wouldn’t be any dream lights this year lol. With that and the shortened park hours it’s really making it a tuff sell. We are still looking at maybe going in mid November or early December. If we do, we are going to stay at SSR and go to dinner at DS after the park we are in that day closes. We rarely get to go there because we never like to take the time away from the parks. So this will at least give us something to do at night :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We were so blessed to get Warwick Davis in 2017 and I kept hoping he would be back. Between the HP and SW fans in this family, it was so cool.

I will say, I think if you only had ONE opportunity that even if you hated the narrator, you should see it. The narrator is the draw for many but really plays a small part, IMO.

The singing is magnificent.

4 Likes

My personal issue is that I don’t want a narrator who only sees it as a pay check and does NOT actually believe the story they are telling.

3 Likes

I originally thought mid November. But, my though process is from Thanksgiving week to Christmas week, if they are going to extend hours, offer just a bit more, my money is then vs. before Thanksgiving week. Being that Ive never been for Christmas, I dont know what I dont know, lol! I try not to look at what it used to be and get excited for the somethings new Ill experience.

1 Like

good thinking! December probably is the best bet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:raised_hands:t4: