WDW Hot or Not?

I didn’t mean insult! It is just true. AK is hard to find relief from the heat and humidity anywhere.

1 Like

Cold packs on the back of the neck.

Instant AK heat relief.

Really helps if you’re unaware a member of your group is activating the cold pack. And you don’t see them moving in for the slap of the pack.

:sweat: :scream: :flushed: :blush:

4 Likes

DH and I notice an immediate temp increase when we enter this part of MK. We try to avoid walking through it.

2 Likes

BTMRR is where I had my meltdown in July and vowed never to return without being able to pay to skip the line. At some point, I was calculating if I could cut days off of a trip to justify a VIP guide.

Epcot is the hottest park IMHO as it’s giant swaths of concrete with few things in between combined with how huge it is. On my girls trip, one of my friends had a meltdown in Germany. Good luck finding a place in the shade to sit down and rest in Epcot at WS. Oh, I’ll duck in and see a movie in China or Canada? Cool, you’ll still be standing.

Epcot also deserves a special place in my crankiness due to distance between bathrooms.

5 Likes

Surely if you “do” AK properly you sit in the Sacred Space during the hottest part of the day? So between say 11am and 3pm. :grin:

6 Likes

That sounds good to me :smiley:

1 Like

King Louie didn’t go to the Sacred Space
Don’t be a King Louie

10 Likes

Totally agree. Especially when the Moroccan bathrooms were being remodeled for what felt like 3 years.

2 Likes

Animal Kingdom always feels super hot. ALWAYS. I often wondered if it was because of the asphalt. But there are plenty of shaded areas to sit and have a cold beverage.

The Magic Kingdom was insanely hot in the space from the Haunted Mansion to the Carousel. I think it was because there were soooo many people in that compressed space.

2 Likes

Or ghosts are exothermic.

3 Likes

As a pale person from the north, lack of shade is always more of a problem for me than “heat”. So while EPCOT usually has a nice breeze (say vs. Animal Kingdom), the wide open spaces are always a problem for me there.

My personal ranking of sun/heat discomfort has EPCOT at the top, followed by the Studios (I see you Slinky Dog line), Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom. While Animal Kingdom may be the most stagnant and humid, it’s a verdant oasis of shade compared to the mid-day wide open skin searing personal nightmare that is EPCOT. That said, EPCOT is my favorite park. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh. I totally get that.
Basically, I turn to ash in direct sunshine.

3 Likes

I think that’s pretty much my exact take on it too.

2 Likes

Hence the cabana rental. 7.5 hrs on hold is worth it to not disintegrate from sun exposure

4 Likes

What is wrong w/ Disney that they think this is acceptable?!? :rage:

3 Likes

That standby line is brutal. I only ever use the FPP / LL line. The ride is not worth it to me otherwise.

3 Likes