WDW Food and Beverages Increase January 2022

We spend time ahead of time and plan what we are LIKELY to eat, find prices, add in tax and tip. So, for example, I already know close to what we will be spending for our trip in December because we have planned it all out.

Hard to do that for those not familiar with Disney, but when you have an idea of how you eat, and where your ADRs will be, etc., you can figure it all out ahead of time.

I have for our ADRs but snacks are harder. Some days weā€™ll have several. And itā€™s going to be F&W and Iā€™ve never been during a festival before.

3 Likes

I agree it is harder, but you can find on various websites historically what was offered at booths and what the food is. I usually then round up a bit to account for potential increases.

1 Like

I did love using snack credits from the DDP at festival food in EC! It was a great use of the snack credits!

3 Likes
  • Step one: download that festival app thingy (Food&Wine)
  • Step two: set it to the Festival Menu
  • Step three: look over the menus of teh booths and select ā€œwish forā€ for the obvious stuff
  • Step four: calculate the prices
  • Step five: ???
  • Step 6: go into debt.
10 Likes

Our last trip to Disney, we did the popcorn bucket and snacks in France. The ice cream in France is not too far off from what we pay at home and is 100 times better than a Mickey bar. We also brought some of our own snacks. Disney snacks are way overpriced and really not that great.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good advice on price. I think itā€™s hard to know about portion sizes etc. We might not even eat from the booths, Iā€™ve never really wanted to go during a festival.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping to avoid step 6 :joy:

1 Like

Dā€™Amaro and Chapek say NO.

3 Likes

rememberā€¦

10 Likes

So I lead an amazingly exciting life and on 12/31 I built a spreadsheet to figure out a ball park dining budget. I included all TS and the couple QS meals, went through menus and chose what I could possibly order, and then added tax and tip.

I just copied the spreadsheet, rechecked all the menus, and updated if there were any price increases.

Over my five day trip, the cost will be $5 more with the price increase. The increases were primarily at Everything Pop, Skipperā€™s Canteen, and Steakhouse 71. The other TS that didnā€™t seem to have any change were Citricos, Ale & Compass, Le Cellier, and Le Cellier.

My budget didnā€™t include any snacks which is where a lot of the increases were.

5 Likes

More complete list?

3 Likes

Itā€™s really telling that most of the increases are a full dollar.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Isnā€™t there some soft serve ice cream places outside places that serve Dole Whips? This weekend, I was looking at our schedule and thinking I needed to add more rest-day activities. We have a car.

Iā€™ve never had a Dole Whip, and DH makes happy moany noises when Orange Dreamsicle is mentioned. So, Iā€™d planned on going someplace in Disney that orange dole whip for him, and Iā€™d get the pineapple version.

We would pay the snack price increases since we arenā€™t spending much dining money at Disney anyway, and we are on vacation. But, if I can get something the same or better offsite, that is good too.

ETA: The snack prices will be particularly rough after going to USF for three times last year where the snacks were basically free on the QS dining plan. Yes, they got rid of their dining plans. But our experience at parks is that snacks are basically free. We also go to Six Flags on the dining plan. We frequently donā€™t use all our credits there even with my packing many ziplocks for leftovers.

1 Like

Genie is free. :laughing:

8 Likes

Touring Plans has an item search. Pineapple dole whip is in the Marketplace, DS among other places:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/menu_items?utf8=āœ“&search=Dole+Whip&location=Disney+Springs&category=

Well, me, too. But that was based on currently published prices. As, presumably, are your calculations.

1 Like

I love buying all the snacks at disney vs bringing my own. We seldom snack at home so itā€™s like a treat. I do hope they bring dining plan back. Im sure it will see a similar increase too. But then Iā€™ll have paid for it and wonā€™t think twice about using a snack credit for a $5 coke :roll_eyes: I would spend less without dining plan bc I would cut a lot of unnecessary stuff out. Would save a helluva lot if I could just cut Disney out all together :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Tickets were already purchased, DVC paid for, and food prices I round up to accommodate expected increases. Usually, we end up overestimating and spend less than planned.

Now that Iā€™ve seen them, Iā€™m not particularly troubled. Like you, I kinda rounded anyway and gave myself a margin. My snack budget (per snack) is $8, which still covers a dole whip.