WDW Food and Beverages Increase January 2022

2 Likes

No heart for that! But thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Really? The dolewhips needed to be increased by a full dollar? :roll_eyes: Nice one, Dā€™amaro.

Has anything been introduced in the past year that has been an actual benefit to the guest? Iā€™m honestly struggling to think of something, but Iā€™m trying.

9 Likes

Just the opportunity to spend even more money. And I guess Ratatouille.

No, Ratatouille doesnā€™t count. That was announced before Covid. The same could be said for the Star Was hotel.

I mean something, ANYTHING, that actually is of value to the guest. Iā€™m thinking of something along the lines of that Express Shuttle Bus that was shortlived in 2017.

3 Likes

Yeah I canā€™t think of anything. Even the ā€œextra hours perkā€ isnā€™t so much a perk as it is a poor replacement for a previous product that is now available to even less guests.

4 Likes

They told us they were going to do that. Charge more and give you less. Itā€™s good for our waistlines :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

9 Likes

In isolation, the food price increase doesnā€™t bother me so much. With rising costs and supply issues, it seems inevitable.

Trouble isā€¦this is not a change being done in isolation. It is coming on top of all the other negative changes and increases.

4 Likes

Agreed.

the problem is these increases are obviously independent of the supply issue though.

• Popcorn ā€“ increased from $4.99 to $5.50

• Popcorn Bucket ā€“ increased from $11.29 to $13.00

• Popcorn Bucket Refill ā€“ increased from $1.89 to $2.25

In no reality beyond ā€œwe wants yer moniesā€ is popcorn going up from the already insane cost of $5 for 2 cups (Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s how much the thing holds). It was already like a 5000% profit.

iā€™m frankly shocked that the pretzels avoided an increase this round.

2 Likes

Shhhhh they are listeningā€¦

6 Likes

Oh i donā€™t careā€¦ i stopped buying the pretzels except on rare occasions. And even then, itā€™s just the specialty ones.

Increase it again and even thatā€™ll stop. I love the pretzels, but I donā€™t loveā€™m that much. Same for teh mickey ice creams. I havenā€™t bought one without a Dining Plan since 2018.

2 Likes

The pretzels are listening??

6 Likes

Oh, looks like WDWNT just didnā€™t detail all of it:

Fuck off, Disney.

6 Likes

They do have ears :smirk:

15 Likes

These prices are beyond a joke. I dread to think what weā€™re going to spend on food in 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Iā€™m actually going to say youā€™re going to spend less than you normally would.

Because before you might spring for a pretzel, a dolewhip, and an icecreamā€¦but nowā€¦ just a dolewhip and leave the other two behind.

You end up saving money! Itā€™s a LOSE to WIN!!! ā€¦

(thatā€™s the saying, right?)

7 Likes

We usually get free dining, thatā€™s the UK offer. And we are big eaters. The heat doesnā€™t put us off our food at all.

3 Likes

oh right.

wellā€¦

7 Likes

We save money by not using the DDP simply b/c we do less TS when we are paying ā€˜out of pocketā€™ and we buy less snacks b/c we arenā€™t hungry. All in all we spend less w/o DDP

1 Like