WDW disabling MagicBand Interactivity on rides

I just read an article that WDW is quietly turning off the interactive features associated with MagicBands in rides like “it’s a small world” and HM.

Has anyone else heard this? Any reason as to why? What does everyone think? We were down there in May and experienced the interaction. I thought it was neat. However, I know that some feel it is pushing the boundaries on privacy.

I have only seen one article. I’m in the IT field, so I am curious if the interaction was affecting their technology infrastructure, they have something better on the horizon or it was indeed a violation of privacy.

1 Like

What was interactive with the MBs in haunted mansion? When I was on the KTTK Tour, the guide actually mentioned they would be ramping them up even more. Interesting that that now seems to be not the case.

Personally, I’m all for the interactivity. It’s not like it’s an invasion of privacy but rather just a more personalized experienced.

EDIT: Nevermind, looked it up online what the interactivity was. That’s kinda cool from my perspective, but man people seem to hate it. I think they already dialed it back as I didn’t see anything like that when I was there.

1 Like

I was really excited when I saw my name come up at IASW, RNRC, and Space.

1 Like

This is why we can’t have nice things! :cry:

1 Like