WDW AP sales coming back!

who?

It was a whole thing in Uncensored. A scam email I received from Jan who was a bank president and had millions for me in her desk drawer if only I would contact her. As we often do, we took that and ran and it became a running joke.

10 Likes

Anyone know if convention tickets can be upgraded to APs?

2 Likes

No, the ones we bought and activated in February 2022 were activated at GS on first use (I donā€™t know if you have to do that anymore). Renewal automatically renewed on the expiration of that first pass (I had two certificates in my account). I did not have to go to GS for renewal.

1 Like

With this news, I think that this old thread can be closed out

@vcka and @PrincipalTinker had this on their bingo card.

8 Likes

Looks like all you DVC will get a head start :wink:

11 Likes

Do you still have to pay extra for photopass?

1 Like

Iā€™m personally surprised that A) there wasnā€™t a larger price increase and B) that there was not any type of restructuring at all. I am guessing that ticket sales are finally starting to soften if there was no real other reason for keeping AP sales closed.

6 Likes

Yes. (as far as I know, we had to add it when we renewed in February)

3 Likes

Itā€™s $99?

1 Like

Yes!! We only add it to one of our passes. Itā€™s annoying

4 Likes

That makes the incredipass with photopass (that used to be includedā€¦ cheapskates) is $1600. I have a Platinum Pass certificate on my account that I bought from Sams in 2018 for $829. That is an absurd price increase.

3 Likes

I think weā€™ll do Sorcerer Passes. Looking at blackout dates for the next year, none apply to us. If we want to upgrade for the next year after, we could do that.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the one I used to have :grin:

2 Likes

This is brilliant!!

7 Likes

Iā€™m still pissed at Jan.

8 Likes

For those who have passes, do you get a discount when renewing the pass? Or does it renew at the same amount?

And I know this has already been asked in this thread, but double checking:
If I buy the pass on April 20, and donā€™t go to activate it until July, my renewal would be in July for 2024?

2 Likes

Yes our renewal was a little less.

I think so, but since itā€™s been so long since they were sold :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Interesting! My 10-day ticket from last year, which had its expiry date pushed to Sept 2023 because of Ian, can that be upgraded? Because thatā€™d save me probably $800, and would be a no-brainer for me.

It might be a no-brainer anyway.

ETA: Ah, it would make the pass only valid through Sept 23, 2023, since that was the first use date of my ticket. Never mind. :smiley:

15%

1 Like