WDW and DL to re-theme Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog

Very true. I just told my kids (aged 4-9) about the change to PatF theme and they flipped out. They are so excited and then started imagining a BTMRR re-theming. :laughing:

6 Likes

For me the biggest thing is that the song Zippity Doo Dah is synonymous with Disney, and it’ll just be wiped from the parks. I knew the song long before I set foot in WDW, and had no idea it was featured in a ride.

To me it’s as iconic as “Hi Ho, Hi Ho”.

The ride itself is not a favourite. The queue though, again that is to me what sets Disney apart from any other theme park. The story telling of the queue is stunning.

4 Likes

But you know what I’m going to say to that, don’t you?

“Let it go! Let it go!”

:wink:

5 Likes

I think we were typing at the same time! Thanks for illustrating my point!!

2 Likes

Dammit Ryan I’m going to end up hearting something of you keep this up!

5 Likes

Hate to break it to you…but you already did. I was surprised you didn’t take it back! Look! (From another thread!)

I am 1000% behind this decision even though Splash Mountain is my and my son’s favorite ride. But oh will I also miss that song! It is so quintessentially Disney to me. I wonder if they will keep it in some of the background loops.

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2:

It has been a very stressful week.

I can fix that.

3 Likes

I understand. I’ll forgive your slip-up. :wink:

I could be very wrong on this, but I swear I heard on a podcast that the name is because Michael Eisner wanted to capitalize on the Tom Hanks movie “Splash”!

3 Likes

If that was an intentional connection…wow! Never in a million years would I have connected the two.

Now… the fun of guessing when the refurbishment will start & how long it will take begins!

1 Like

And here I thought it was just because you get splashed and the “____ Mountain” formula works.

2 Likes

Maybe they should rename ALL their rides with “Mountain” in the name.

“Pirates of the Mountain”
“Peter Pan’s Mountain”
“Buzz Lightyear and the Space Ranger Mountain”
“The Mad Hatter’s Mountain”
“Tomorrowland Speedway down the Mountain”

:wink:

ETA: Oh…and my favorite: “It’s a Small Mountain After All”

4 Likes

The Enchanted Tiki Mountain?
Mountain Cruise?

MOUNTAIN WHIPS!

But seriously… like, chocolate soft serve with cookie crumbles and icing drizzle for snow. Maybe a candy goat.

9 Likes

They talk about this on the Imagineering Story, I believe.

1 Like

Seeing the acronym P&tF used, for a few seconds mixed it up with a different Disney P&F

I would have loved to seen WDW add the Coolest Coaster Ever.

6 Likes

I like it!

Let’s not forget about the Haunted Mountain!

In fact, maybe they should just rename the entire park to the Magic Mountain! (Just don’t tell Six Flags.)

2 Likes

That would be awesome! And just as you crest the hill, you hear it…“Watcha Doin?” :smiley:

2 Likes