WAY Crowded for end of January, plus the "get there at rope drop" secret is out!

I had been a little worried about crowds when they extended the hours. Happy to see more hours, sad to think of the reason. Everyone else just needs to reschedule their trips, except me of course.

1 Like

I have seen the odd tour group, not like pre-pandemic, plus no cheerleaders.

It has certainly been busy. I was at DHS today for 6 1/2 hours. We did it all the good rides, except Rise & ToT. (It was down to one elevator, which was skewing wait times)

Fiddle Faddle with Genie+ worked for us. Did SDD right off the bat, then later managed to get SMMF at 12:20, when it was after 6 times. Then Rockcoaster 30 mins after using a TSMM LL in the afternoon. I probably refreshed a 100 times :crazy_face:

I miss FP+. I’m figuring out Genie+, but still have grievances with it. (Even when LL+ - I clicked on 12:20 for FoP - ended to with 3:40 …like WTH??)

3 Likes

Apparently everyone else under the sun had the same idea you did :grimacing: i will say that crowds seem completeley unpredictable this year. Everyones mind sets are different. Needing to fit a trip in before…rescheduling because…i never take my kids out school but covid be damned i am going anyway. Endless justifications people have these days to do something outside their norms. I am one…we went during time we never would have before just because we needed some happy. I would like to think eventually we will get back to natural ebb and flow of disney crowds. At least I hope :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

This is so true. We have a Disney cruise planned for late August and it probably means the kids miss the first week of school. I’d be pretty stressed about them missing school in the past (even setup and review days) but oh well.

1 Like

This evening I was talking to the kids that take care of our animals while we are gone. I asked the 9th grader if school was back to normal. She said, “Meh. We are in-person, but lots of kids are out all the time. They will say they have Covid. But then you’ll see on Instagram that they’re in Florida or something.” That hadn’t occurred to me, but students do seem to have a get-out-school-for-vacation card. Just say you have covid, and unless you work in a hospital everyone wants you to stay home.

5 Likes

I think you are exactly right!
All bets are off, as they say. So TP’s historical data and statistics are useless.

Plus, factor in Genie+, staffing issues and the constant switching of hours and the old data is even more useless.

3 Likes