Water park experiences?

Hi! We are going to Orlando first week in May and instead of the theme park I’m think of visiting a few water parks. We have never taken the time to do that during any of our trips. I’m especially interested in Sea Worlds Aquatica because they are certified autism friendly and my son is on the spectrum. Which other ones? I know there are two at Disney and now Volcano Bay at Universal. My boys aren’t big enough to do body slides, just the ones with tubes. Would love to hear from you all with first hand experience!! Thanks so much :blush:

If you exclude my experience when I was six years old myself (many, MANY years ago), I’ve only ever been to blizzard beach. I just wanted to mention that my then-5 year old DS, who is also on the spectrum, loved Blizzard Beach even though we (technically) didn’t have any accommodations there. (I say technically because he was actually about an inch too tall for the kiddie area but he was allowed to play there. We didn’t get special permission or anything, we just went there and used it and no one objected, so it wasn’t really an accommodation. He has trouble with balance, coordination, strength, depth perception, and audio/visual sensory overstimulation, among other things, and it was a great fit for him. He also enjoyed the regular family-style tube ride.) I’ve found that some “typical” places can be just as good for our family as those that are autism friendly. YMMV, and you know your kiddo and his needs best.

1 Like

I didn’t do the Seaworld or Universal stuff but I did both of Disney’s. Our family really liked TL but we thought BB was a few notches less good.

1 Like