Water Bottles and Rapid Fill

I drink loads of water, and in an effort to avoid a lot of unnecessary expense and plastic waste I’d love to just refill a reusable 1 quart bottle with filtered water and ice before heading out for the day.

I understand the rapid fill stations at the resorts have filtered water and ice on tap. Question is do you have to use a rapid fill mug/cup to get it? In which case I’d have to first fill my my mug/cup and then pour it off into another container? Likely having to wait a couple minutes to do the second half of the water bottle as I understand each fill is a set volume? Or is there an exception for the water where I could fill a water bottle directly and ideally without having to wait?

2 Likes

You do not need to have a mug. It’s free for all and you can use any bottle. Good plan though - this is what we did. You can also get free water from any QS.

4 Likes

Excellent question, thanks for posting! We are also a water bottle-toting family and I didn’t even think to look for filtered water at the hotel restaurant.

2 Likes

We stayed at POFQ in July and used our own water bottles to fill up with ice and water at their rapid fill stations. No issues!