Water at WDW

Coming from Australia, so I was researching a little bit about water because we would like to bring water bottles to refill in the parks.

I am only bringing a small bag to the parks, so haven’t got room to fill it up with water bottles. Also I don’t want the heavy load to carry around.

Apparently the water tastes really different over there. :slight_smile: Any tips on what water bottle to get, and if you have a specific filtered bottle that works. I was hoping to refill them with iced water that we could get from counter service areas.

The water you get at CS places is filtered. I think it’s alright.

1 Like

You can get free glasses of ice water at any CS restaurant - use them to refill your water bottles so that you aren’t carrying around so much. As previously mentioned, it is filtered and tastes fine.

1 Like

Another thing we do is bring in those individual flavoring packets. helps to knock out any bad taste from the water fountains.

2 Likes

Good idea, @jdeer76! You can also buy Mio or liquid Kool-Aide flavoring. They work the same way, but in my experience are easier to “customize” if you prefer a less-sweet beverage. Either way, they won’t take up much space in your bag.

2 Likes

My solution - drink beer instead :smile:

But seriously, the water in Orlando has a very high mineral content that gives it a slightly sulfurous smell. It doesn’t bother me all that much, but I am not a “high volume” water drinker. I also find it’s more of a smell thing than a taste thing; when drinking it out of a bottle vice an open glass, it’s much less noticeable. My biggest issue with the water fountains in the parks (other than finding them) is that the water is not chilled, and the flow is typically very low… So for these reasons, more than the taste, I fully agree with getting ice water from the CS locations.

Personally, I think this is intentional to encourage people to purchase drinks. The vast majority of visitors don’t know about the free ice water at CSs, so it’s definitely a money-maker for Disney

2 Likes

In the past I have always bought a case of bottled water but on my last trip, I used a Brita filtered water bottle. I had no problems at all. I filled it each day with ice from the ice maker and bathroom faucet. I refilled with ice water from the QS restaurants. I’ll never mess with bottled water again.

1 Like

I second the Brita filtered bottle. It makes a huge difference!

1 Like