Watching Wishes at a Monorail Resort

This’ll be the first time my family (Mom and Dad who are 60+ and my “closer to 30 then she’d like to admit” sister) is venturing to Disney during the peak of the holidays, 12/23-12/28. Not to mention this will be the first time any of us have been back since 2000. They have trusted me with the responsibility with planning everything out. I can’t thank TP and all the fabulous Liners enough for making the planning process not only easy but fun and has really helped build the excitement for the trip.

BUT one question has popped up while I’ve been scheming. On Christmas Day my idea is to go to one of the monorail resorts and watch Wishes from there rather then A) attempt to enter MK on one of the busiest days of the year and B) we can use the time during Wishes the following day to ride attractions when the lines are shorter. My question for all of you is, which monorail resort do you feel is best to watch Wishes from? I know Poly use to be great but people seem to not be so keen on it now with the bungalows. And I don’t think we will be able to get any reservations for the California Grill at this point. Has anyone had success catching the show from another spot they really loved?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

I watched from the GF. The view from the marina was “OK” (but no music piped in), but the view from the deck at Narcoossee’s was much better, and did have music. We had an ADR there that night, so I’m not sure if the deck is open to “the public”, or is just reserved for people eating there. It was kind of chilly, and I was one of only 2 people watching that night. I’ll try to post a picture when I get home from work…

We just watched from the deck of Naroosee’s last week. It is only open to people dining there. I didn’t care for the angle from Grand Floridian - it was too far off to the side. Another option that I also tried last week was watching from the Ferry Boat dock at the transportation and ticket center. It was a great view (the castle is straight ahead) and the music is piped in. There were only about 30 people at most watching so it wasn’t crowded and it is a great way to beat the crowds out of the park. The angle is similar to that of watching from the Polynesian beach. A third option is to watch from the Contemporary near the exit to the walkway to Bay Lake Tower. The view will be off to the side, but the music is piped in.

1 Like

The fourth floor at the Contemporary has a viewing platform open to everyone. They pipe the music in.