WAT at AK

Is it worth it? I don’t eat the food, but saw on here some people really enjoyed it, and I was thinking of treating myself for my 40th…
Thoughts??

I have only ever heard praise for the tour and guides.

It is one of the top two things I have ever done on any vacation ever.

Well worth it

2 Likes

It is my absolute favorite splurge at Disney - so much so that I’ve done it twice. And would do it again in a heartbeat!

3 Likes

if you find @OBNurseNH’s review from a couple years ago, that alone convinced me and I’m booked for Feb 22nd :slight_smile: Will report back, but I am definitely expecting to love it. (you know all we do here is enable, right? lol)

2 Likes
4 Likes

We are going based entirely on @OBNurseNH’s review. But, food isn’t a reason. Pre-lockdown they listed the food you’d get, now they just show a sample manu. If the food is tempting enough to keep my tummy quiet I’ll be content.

1 Like

It’s a snack, not a meal.

It’s a very good snack.

But we still had lunch a short time later.

Wild Africa Trek is one of my most favorite things I’ve ever done at WDW. My teenage nephew is coming to visit me the end of April and I just asked him earlier today if he was interested in doing WAT with me. He answered “heck yeah.” Now I have to wait for booking to open for April :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve done it twice and would do it again. It ruins KS for you. You can’t go back to KS when you’ve done WAT.

2 Likes

I am glad @OBNurseNH warned me about that. I scheduled WAT for the end of our trip for that reason.

2 Likes

thanks for linking it! i can never find anything from my phone, nothing makes me feel older than trying to navigate this forum in mobile interface!

1 Like

Do you need park admission for AK for the day of the tour? Or is your WAT fee all you pay? Like if we wanted to do the WAT in the am and then go to another park in the afternoon, would we need to go thru the turnstiles at AK?

Yes you must have park admission

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

So completely worth it. It’s a fabulous birthday gift to yourself.

1 Like

I can’t wait to do this in July! I wish it was available for my solo trip later this month!

2 Likes

Alright, I am convinced! Thank you all for your responses and thank you obnurse for your previous report on it!

2 Likes

The previous listed WAT menu inspired one of our planned picnic snacks to bring into WDW. Wheel of Brie and squeeze-bottle jams. I studied the menu looking for what we would like and the Brie and jam looked the best and I realized we could bring that ourselves on another day.

When I made the reservations over the phone, the CM said that we can’t bring our own phone. But, we could if it was attached to us.

2 Likes

Yeah anything that goes with you has to be attached to you. If you can secure your phone you can bring it.

But honestly there’s no reason to. They take a TON of amazing pics and you get them all with the package. It’s amazing. Check my review thread for some of the pics.

3 Likes