Wanted Boardwalk Expert!

So touring plans had made me very obsessed with planning and I am finding very limited information on the Boardwalk. We are traveling with DD4, DD8 and DH the last week of February. I wanted to try a Deluxe and Boardwalk was the cheapest. Basic reviews look good, but I need more information to meet my obsession. Lol! The room finder only shows advice for Villas, and we are only paying for standard. I also welcome any other feedback with boardwalk. If anyone did request something, what did they say. I saw some people were granted upgrades and don’t want to be too limited when sending in my room finder request. THANKS!!!

(psst - any info about things you enjoy about the boardwalk would be cool too - we want to walk it and see what’s up)

I’m a DVC member so I stay at villas. Love the resort. Pool is nice, but clown slide doesn’t get much love. Short walk to Epcot, walk or boat to DHS. Nice restaurants( Flying Fish, Big River Grill, ESPN), not to mention restaurants at Yacht and Beach Club. Performers and boardwalk atmosphere at night. Surrey bicycles for rent. Fantasia Gardens mini golf within walking distance. One of my favorite resorts, you won’t be disappointed.

2 Likes

Nice resort. I do have to say that the Clown at the pool does freak me out a bit and reminds me of the clown from IT. It is a LARGE resort and you can get lost in the hallways very easily. I had a “standard” view room that looked out to “nice grounds” nothing exciting - but a pleasant view. It is very nicely situated and you can certainly walk to EPCOT and HOLLYWOOD. The walk to the other side Yacht / Beach is nice. The location is its best feature.

Rooms are nice and overall resort is very pleasant. I would try to ge a room closer to the lobby than not as the walks can get long just to get out of the resort.

1 Like

Neat info, thanks!

2 Likes

I love the CMs at BW! Also, if you are walking to HS (which I love to do) take the short cut through the pool area (just avoid looking at the big scary clown). There are a lot of great bars in the area if you are looking for some adult time. My favorite is BlueZoo located at the Dolphin.

1 Like

We stayed in the summer of 2016. It’s a really pretty resort, but we felt it felt more like a hotel with a pool than a true resort. One reason is our last stay was the Polynesian and the grounds and beach make it seem more vacation-like. The Boardwalk seems like a hotel on a public boardwalk. Even the pool area seemed busy despite not having many people.
That being said, it was very nice, and the ability to walk to Epcot and Hollywood was convenient. The bus to Magic Kingdom was a downside.
My kids loved the pool. I know people call it the creepy clown pool, but it didn’t bother any of us. There was a decent bar too.
The room was really nice. We stayed in a deluxe 2 queen club level. The balcony was fantastic, with a view of the boardwalk/lake/yacht and beach club. The club lounge was really great and the CMs were so nice. We loved the lounge. Our kids are old enough to visit on their own in the morning so it was convenient when trying to get 5 people ready in the morning. If not doing a club room, I would ask for a room close to the lobby to shorten the walk out to the boardwalk (the main way to get to the 2 theme parks) as well as to the pool. A lobby is nice, and I really wanted a boardwalk view, but I think a garden view might be more relaxing and quiet. (my kids loved the noisy boardwalk view for people watching)
We did not like the long walk to the pool. I think I heard the villas have better access to the pool. We are pool people and would have preferred something more like the Polynesian where we walked out our first floor sliders to the beach and close to the pool. We had read about the long halls and didn’t think they would bother us, but they did.
We ordered pizza one night (we were staying with another family who also booked a club level room) and this was a great option for dinner. Other than that, we did not really eat at the Boardwalk.
Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice about requesting a room closest to the lobby!!!

1 Like

Did anyone else have any issues with the bus to Magic Kingdom?? We plan on hitting that park pretty often!

When I stayed there BW shared buses with Swan/Dolphin everywhere except DS (at that time there was one bus in DS for BC/YC/Swan/Dolphin). It takes a few extra minutes for the stops but I did not have issues with the buses.

We stayed at the SWAN (never again) but it has a lot of the same benefits of the other epcot area resorts. The cool thing is, as the resorts are close to each other - we would either take the Yacht / Beach / Board or Swan / Dolphin bus depending on what was at the park at the time. Then we could just walk back to our resort. If you have parkhopper - you can always come back via epcot - its a walk - but can be fun