Wands? Purchase one for the interactive experience or not worth the $

The map, as well as the metal plates embedded in the ground show you exactly what the motion needs to be.

1 Like

Are these also at the ‘secret spots’?

Last time we had our map. I’m hoping we can just get by with the ground markings this time, but don’t want to miss anything.

1 Like

I THINK so, but I can’t say for sure. Honestly, we just followed the ground markings, and didn’t refer to the map except maybe once or twice.

1 Like

Good to know :+1:t2:
I’ll probably pack the map, but I don’t want to take it into the park if I don’t have to.

To find the secret spots look for the three red lights that is the sensor. They’ll be in the window displays. The motion is always a triangle on the secret ones.

Also, if you look at your map under the black light in Diagon Alley some stuff appears on the map.

We were fine using one. We waited in line as a family and just passed the wand back. But it was hard to resist yanking it out of DD’s hand.

You don’t have to worry about an ebay wand being broken. They do free ‘repairs’.

ETA: Is it four lights?

3 Likes

Ah, good to know. And rather fitting since that motion could allude to the invisibility cloak, and one should be careful not to be seen and risk giving away the secret locations. :man_mage:

4 Likes

Wow! You are all so knowledgeable and helpful. I feel more prepared for the secret spell sites without ruining the surprise. Liners are the best! :raised_hands:

Last time I forgot my map, and they just gave me a new one.

Plus, I found that the spells worked best at night. If the spells aren’t working for you, they usually have witches and wizards who are more than happy to help.

2 Likes

Agree about nighttime spells. My kids have been having a hell of a time getting the spells to work, except in Knockturn Alley where it is pitch black.

2 Likes

Yes, sunlight messes with the sensors