Waldorf Astoria or Hilton lake buena vista Disney springs

We are planning a trip in early october and deciding to stay at either the Waldorf Astoria or Hilton (Disney Springs ). We have 2 young children ages 5 and 1 yr. Any recommendations on which hotel we should stay at. Looking for convinence as far as shuttle both to and from parks, rooms, restaurants, pools. Any one stayed at these hotels and can give us your experience. we are also diamond members with Hilton Honors.

We have stayed at the Hilton Palace Disney Springs summer of 17 and are going back Feb 2020 with a 4&2 year old. Fellow diamond member and using points. You get a nice breakfast that should be free and maybe they wave the “resort” fees as well? not sure. The hotel is huge but we like the suites that are off from the main tower portion of the hotel right beside the big pool and lazy river. we have never used their shuttle service, though. I have never stayed at that Waldorf Astoria, but i am sure it is nice.
Hope this helps

The Waldorf Astoria is awesome. We stayed there back in April and we can’t wait to go back. DD6 and DS2 had an awesome time. The hotel is conveniently close to all parks so going back for a break doesn’t take too much from your day.

The pool is great and you also get to use the hotel of the neighboring Hilton that is just a quick 5 min walk. The breakfast buffet is the best I’ve had in my life much different to the “cafeteria” setting you find in most Disney hotels. Google for the sausage gravy and you will confirm that the breakfast is legendary. Also kids eat free dinner with one paying adult. This is a big plus and savings quickly add up.

A standard room is bigger than the largest of any Disney property (except maybe some absurd Presidential villa but that wouldn’t be a fair comparison). DD6 complained that our room at POP was a dump but was thrilled with our room facing ToT at the Waldorf.

You can truly feel the luxury at the Waldorf. Unlike a hotel like the Polynesian where it is not uncommon seeing people sleeping on the benches or a squad of scooters charging in the lobby. The Waldorf feels like a true vacation away from the crowds and madness of Disney hotels.

Lastly, the property also offers early admission and 60 day FPP.

2 Likes

@pjurban, Thank you for your feedback. we are hoping someone who stayed at both properties can chime in. obviously waldorf Astoria is a much higher end hotel. but we are wondering if its cost out weight the convinence with shuttles and walking to disney springs.

@SneakyPete, Thank you for your feedback. This is our first trip to disney world and very excited to stay at the Waldorf Astoria.