Waitlist function is awesome!

I just had my first ever waitlisted property come through. What an amazing service! So easy to just set it up and then get a magical email when it’s completed and booked.

8 Likes

Doesn’t it seem like to should be “more”? You wait and wait and it magically appears. I want balloons and trumpets- at minimum.

4 Likes

That would be nice! I just had a random email welcoming me home and was so confused bc while I had been on the website earlier I was pretty sure I hadn’t booked anything. So relieved to not have to worry about those dates anymore though.

2 Likes

Question - can you waitlist for more than one property and then cancel the others after one comes through?

1 Like

You can have 2 waitlists at a time. When you set them up it asks if you want to replace a current reservation and if you select yes it will automatically edit the current reservation to match whatever you waitlisted. If the new reservation is more points than the current it also asks if you want to borrow points from the next year if needed. I do not think it will book it though if you don’t have enough points and choose not to borrow.

1 Like

This is so crazy to me! I had two waitlists come through this fall and the first time I was so confused, asking my husband if he had booked something! Like they should say “Your waitlist came through!”

2 Likes

Right? I was very confused and then very happy!

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m waiting on a resale contract to come through and based on recent reports (including @melcort10) it could be later this week! We have two nights booked at ASMo April 7-9 and I would love to replace it with a DVC booking. But I’ve been checking a DVC availability calendar via one of the rental websites (I know it’s not real time) and everything is booked, something will open, then everything is booked again. I guess we’ll see if a) I get my points in time, and b) something opens up for us. I was hoping to be able to set lots of waitlists as I am not picky about where we stay this time! However, I get why this would clog the system. Two is better than one!

1 Like

Oooooh I’m so hopeful for you!

2 Likes

I found a YouTube video of someone who purchased a resale contract in the fall. She was not already a DVC owner. She reported that she received an email about two weeks after the deed was filed and sent to Disney. She created her account that day but no points in it. The next day the points were loaded. Sound familiar? Anyway, it gave me hope that we don’t have to wait for something in the mail and will get that same email around the two week mark. Tomorrow is two weeks since they alerted me the deed was filed and being sent. Thursday is two weeks from when I was able to locate it on the OC Register. Crossing my fingers for sure!

2 Likes

So I’m waiting on points for a recently purchased contract to hit my account too. I started the process with an accepted bid on January 15 and all the paperwork and stuff was completed March 2. It said it could be 3-4 weeks from the 2nd so I’m checking every day. That said, you might be SOL due to the points not depositing or not having availability. Just means you’ll have to book another trip :joy:

2 Likes

Oh that’s awesome! I hope that is the new case. My first contract is from 2017 so finger’s crossed they’ve made things more straightforward!

1 Like

Looks like our timelines are mirroring each other!

2 Likes

Yep! :rofl: My daughter keeps saying, “What will we do if it doesn’t come through?” And I say, “We’ll just have to suffer through a stay at All Star Movies.” :rofl:

3 Likes

Update! Yesterday I was hoping for the email from DVC with my account info. I was obsessively checking email and it came thru at about 1:30 pacific time. Yay!

Then obsessively checking my account for points and those came through about 9:30 this morning. Yay again!

Not much was available but checked again about noon and scored a savanna view studio at Kidani for our April dates!!!

Canceled my ASMo reservation and feeling awesome!

8 Likes

Yay! Congrats! What great timing!

5 Likes

Awesome!!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m glad it worked out. Funny thing is I got my email the exact same time as you. They must process them in batches once a week or something.

4 Likes

Wooohoooo!! :tada:

Not sure how I missed this over the weekend. So excited for you! That will be so great!

1 Like

Thanks! And thank you for sharing your timeline and other information. Funny story - I was actually checking my DVC dashboard while they were loading my points! Went to check, hit refresh, 50 points loaded for 2020. Hit refresh again, now 50 points loaded for 2021. Hit refresh again … It was crazy to think that some person was right then putting my points in while I was looking. :rofl:

2 Likes