Wait time for MF in app?

Yeah I’m not surprised the line is “only” 180 minutes, because with the boarding groups in effect, they are limiting how many people are in the land, plus the ride is very reliable (cough, Hagrid!, cough) and has a high capacity.

But i am surprised that SDD, RnRC, and ToT have relatively short waits. Maybe that is because of Dorian?

1 Like

This is interesting. As of 11am, they were boarding groups 60-104. In the Disneyland thread on SWGE opening day, I had noted that they were boarding groups 60-90 at 4pm. This doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but it might indicate that either opening day is less crowded at WDW than DL, or the boarding group sizes are different, because they are moving through the boarding groups much faster.

1 Like

I think it’s been said that Batuu in WDW is somewhat larger than DL so it might be able to accommodate more people?

2 Likes

I thought they used identical blueprints. Meaning, there shouldn’t be any difference in size. On DFBGuide last week, AJ said this as well.

1 Like

And people have also said it definitely looks and feels bigger than DL, so who knows. The only people who truly know are Disney Imagineers.

But given that there’s more boarding parties going through, it supports the “slightly larger” implication.

When you go, bring a measuring tape with you and measure all the dimensions of everything. Then we’ll find someone to do the same at DLR. After, we’ll compare results. That’ll teach Disney to try to keep secrets from us!

1 Like

Counter offer:…No. :rofl:

1 Like

Ah! I see you’re the type man who likes a little mystery in his life. I dig it.

FTFY :+1:

:laughing:

@ryan1 You need to put it in terms that appeal to him. How about, see how many Mickey ice cream sandwiches you can put end to end across the land.

3 Likes

I’m not wasting good Sandwiches on that! They’d melt! And no guarantee I wouldn’t eat the line before I could place it on the ground.

That’s a good idea. Only…can we guarantee that a Mickey Bar unit of measurement in WDW is the same as in DLR?

A kid at MIT in the 50’s used his body to measure the Harvard Bridge. “Smoot” is a well recognized measurement in Boston to this day :smiley:

Perhaps SWGE should be measured in light sabers?

1 Like

At $200+ I don’t think anyone will be putting them on the ground

2 Likes

You say this as though people who spend $200+ on a light saber are rational…

3 Likes

Down to 150 now waits now. Looks like they have some smarts in their virtual queue system.

1 Like

'ey! Waaaaatch it.

I think they are “different.” I read an article that mentioned they tried to make as close as possible but the shape of available lands were different so there are some differences. The layout causes the crowd flows to differ but the size is still the same. I do remember them saying too the color palettes are different due to how they expect the weathering to be different in FL vs CA. I’m trying to find the article I read now. It showed the aerial views of both if I remember correctly.

Here is Disneyland’s SWGE:

Here is WDW’s SWGE overlayed over DLR:

And here is WDW’s overlayed with no transparency:

I think the land is mostly the same size, except WDW has a littel more open space on the Resistance side. But it’s not clear to me, having been there (and seeing that the Resistance area is completely empty of people cause there’s nothing to do there currently), that this space has any benefit to WDW. It’s just a space people can stand in. Also, an area about the same size is made up for in DLR on the trail to Critter Country.