Wait Listed ... How Long?

I booked a 2 bedroom at GF in Nov. I made the request 11 months out and waited about a week before clearing the wait list. Based on the language in the emails, I was sort of expecting it not to happen so I had fully planned to book another option when the wait list clear email came in. A nice surprise! Not sure if we just got really lucky or that happens all the time.

2 Likes

Disboards and Mouseowners both have people who will rent. I always check there first. It’s usually cheaper, AND they will check inventory for you before any contract. I have rented off of mouseowners several times with great success. We usually do a call, so that way we can talk, get everything right, I can verify the confirmation number in MDE and they can see payment go through all while we are on the phone. David’s is a little too take your money and make you wait for me when there are so many wonderful owners to work with.

I listened to someone from DVC rental on the My DVC Points podcast. They said they can get up to 500 requests a day for points. In the case of Davi$’s or DVC Rental, they take the chance. The MouseOwners scammers thread scares me.

3 Likes

Me too! I The brokers are doing the checking for me.

Even as an owner renting points out, they make it so easy. They do the negotiating, take the risk of the would-be renter backing out on me and so-on.

If I were to need to rent some points myself, they would do all the background checks for me. If something goes wrong I know they would do what they could to put it right.

I would have happily tried to rent from them for our Christmas trip. But I knew the chances were small; I needed to get the 2-bed at Bay Lake secured first. And DVC had a cash discounted rate available, so we passed on renting. It also means if we have to cancel we get our money back without any problems.

Thing is, DH would never agree to me paying money to some stranger for a room like that. No matter who I rented from on MO, I think he would be hesitant handing over all that money with no guarantees.

3 Likes