Volunteering at Give Kids The World

Hey!
I’m volunteering in May 2016 for a couple days at the Give Kids the World Resort. I was wondering if any other Liners have volunteered here before and if so, how did you get there from the WDW bubble?
I won’t have a car with me so I will be relying on UBER or a taxi. If anyone has used these to get to GKTW how much was the trip and roughly how long did it take? Trying to plan out when I need to be leaving my resort of parks to get there.

1 Like

I have no info to offer here, but I just wanted to say that it is great of you to volunteer at GKTW.

1 Like

There was a trip report a couple of months ago that the liner spent some time volunteering there. I hope they see this!

1 Like

We rent near WDW for 3 mos every winter and I volunteer at GKTW. It is an amazing place! I have a car and it takes me roughly 20 minutes from where we stay quite near AKL. I have set up for parties, given out towels at the pool, delivered pizzas, etc. They are very organized for volunteers. So glad you are volunteering too!

1 Like

Friends of ours just took advantage of Give Kids the World - their son has Progeria. They had an AWESOME time and though that GKTW was just unbelievable. THANK YOU for volunteering!!!

1 Like

Thanks so much for letting me know. If I plan for at least 30 minutes driving time to be on the safe side then I’ll be there with lots of time. :smile: