Volcano Bay or Typhoon Lagoon?

I’m going to visit both Disney and Universal in May (Universal 2 days, Disney 3 days, 1 waterpark day, 1 day for Kennedy Space Center) and am debating on which waterpark I’d like to visit. Went to Blizzard Beach last year, so would like to try something new; haven’t been to Typhoon Lagoon in over 12 years and have never visited Volcano Bay.

Volcano Bay is brand new and the slides look interesting, but I’ve seen a lot of negative publicity about hellish wait times, problems with the park, etc., which has me concerned. I’m also staying on Disney property, so it’s a longer commute to the park, but VB is brand-new and I’m always interested in trying new things.

While I like individual slides, I’m not so much about the wave pool or the super-high-speed slides; my favorite parts of water parks are always the tube slides, group slides, and lazy river. Would that tip anyone’s recommendation one way or another?

Has anyone been to Volcano Bay recently? How does it compare to the Disney waterparks, specifically Typhoon Lagoon? Which would you recommend?

sorry I can’t help. We are dvc and have a moonlight madness when we will be at Uni. I have asked people about TL but cannot get a resounding we love it. So we are skipping it and doing HDDR. We have Universal AP so may go to VB when we move over to our Disney accommodations. Interested to see what everyone has to say. We are also going the last week of May.