Volcano bay EPs worth it?

Hhhmmmmmm… this is a tough question! I can’t give you a definitive answer. When the entire park is “closed” because it’s at capacity they still allow on-site guest to enter the park.

This makes me presume that they have “built-in” capacity for those guests.

That leads to to presume that they might have the same capacity “built-in” for rides with guests using UXP…

However, I have seen many times when Krakatau is listed as “Full / At Capacity” posted on the wait boards.

IME - The only ride that ever gets full is Krakatau. It’s a fun ride, but if your entire day is based around arriving in the late day, then you might have to make your peace that you may miss it.

This is the only ride at all of UOR that has capacity issues and you may be unable to ride.

Universal was discussing a VB expansion, before the pandemic, that was most likely going to include a second aquacoaster. (They have about 5 more acres to expand)

3 Likes

I think this is my last question guys! lol. So let’s say I tapped into a ride with a long wait and I waited the allotted time. The Tapu says Ride Now. How long do I have to actually go to the ride before my place in the line expires? Or can I go anytime once my Tapu says Ride Now? Thanks guys!!

1 Like

You ride never expires. You can go any time after Tapu Tapu notifies you that you can enter the queue.

The rides not expiring is a reason Krakatu has long waits. People leave the park, lose thier wristband, wait hours to ride and more. The system still recognizes them as “eligible” to be in the queue.

2 Likes

This is true, BUT remember that if you get a new return time for a different attraction, it will override your current one, so you must use it before riding something else (unless that something else is “Ride Now”).

This was a change a couple of years ago – you used to be able to “stack” return times (@darkmite2 tested this out to great success!). So sad that they changed it.

3 Likes

You will get a notification at the new ride asking if you want to overwrite your already selected attraction. That’s super helpful too!

1 Like

Interesting! The TM I talked to did not mention that option. Have you tested that lately? And if you choose not to overwrite, do you just not get a new one or do you stack?

You don’t get to ride the new one.

They keep a few slides in the very back of the park habitually as “ride now” to prevent people from saying there weren’t any slides available or “stuck” with their initial choice

1 Like

Which rides do they keep as “ride now?”

IME - At Taniwha Tubes they’ll let you stand in a traditional queue - waiting on stairs. That’s what they mean by “ride now”. You can enter a queue. It doesn’t mean you’ll immediately ride.

Also, Punga Racers are easy to get on. These slides are “hard to find”. You have to go around a bend and then down into an alcove. Most ppl walk right by it. It’s my “rest area” when I am in the middle of the park and need to sit for a moment!

4 Likes

Hi to use the CB entrance to VB: do they check if you are staying at Cabana bay? I read an article from 2021 saying they asked for room card showing Cabana Bay. We are at HRH.

1 Like

No they don’t.

2 Likes

The CBBR entrance is available for ALL on-site guests regardless of which hotel they are staying at.

The sign in your picture does say Resort Guest Entrance. They mean Universal Orlando Resort, not only CBBR.

It’s an easy thing to mix up since CBBR has “resort” in its name.

1 Like