VIP tour thoughts

For some celebrities they do offer actual front of the line, using the underground areas to move about, and will even close the ride so only that celebrity is on with their family. I think this type of treatment is only for celebrities that would cause the public to go nuts if they were walking around the park normally or waiting in line. I’m guessing Disney views it as a potential safety issue maybe. And I’ve heard they don’t even charge for it because Disney prefers those people to use the service so they can avoid a big issue. But that part could just be a rumor.

So I know it’s possible to cut to the front on the rides but I don’t get why it’s not part of such an expensive experience for anyone paying for it.

4 Likes

Disneyland still offers a True skip the line tour that is more expensive and has to be booked differently than a regular VIP tour.

WDW did but they no longer do.

However, they do have a protocol for celebs, royalty, and someone famous enough to cause a commotion in a regular lighting lane line. But it’s NOT bookable to the general public.

Celebs have a while different experience at disney and you cannot buy it.

Which is BS IMO.

And yet, we always book VIP tours because I love our guide and I utilize the transportation and fireworks viewing. But it depends on your budget.

5 Likes

That makes sense. I wish I could find the clip cuz it was funny. Kevin’s kids were complaining about standing in lines and called him. This was Disneyland so I assume he paid for it. But that’s good to know in case I hit the lotto (I don’t play so….).

2 Likes

I’ve learned something new today lol. I’ve done VIP tours at Disneyland too but had no idea there was an upgraded option available. I would have opted for that had I known haha.

1 Like

What are everyone’s thoughts on WHY Disney doesn’t allow front of the line on these tours? Particularly when we know it’s possible since it is done for certain groups of people.

I honestly don’t know. They send 100-180 tours out a day, but between 4 parks and the park to park transportation timeframe, and the fact that not everyone books for the same time period, I think they could totally make it happen.

I mean some days at Disneyland are $1200 an hour, for BUSY days, and you’re in a regular lighting lane?

No thank you.

Like I said we book them at WDW more than I care to confess, but it’s really nice for transportation and there’s some access we get that’s nice.

That said, IF there’s not a lighting lane, there is ZERO special access most of the time. They can’t even get seating for concerts and candlelight at Epcot unless it’s a “magic moment”. They literally tell you to buy a dining package if you want to see a concert, even with a guide.

:woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Can confirm about the true skip the line tour at DLR as I asked.

“The Tour that your Travel Agent is speaking of is our Land of Dreams VIP Tour, which offers priority boarding for our attractions as well as many other amenities. Our Land of Dreams VIP Tour is $14,000 for up to 6 Guests…”

Does this one include park admission? It’s nuts to me if it doesn’t because they are getting over $2666.67 per person here.

Also, never say never because I’m now booking the standard VIP tour because you get free parking at Grand Californian and it includes skipping the line at the non-LL attractions like Peter Pan and Alice and reserved fireworks viewing so I will be able to report back on if it was worth it to me for Disneyland at least in May!

2 Likes

No VIP tours include park admission. Just FYI

1 Like

Universal Hollywoods does cuz I’m doing that one Saturday. +1 for universal. :wink:

1 Like

Oh sorry, I meant at Disney. Universal Studios Hollywood is a whole different ballgame!!

2 Likes

I was just looking at this because I didn’t know it existed! Coming with valet parking, unlimited express pass for the time outside of the 7 hours and two meals, it starts to look attractive! Especially if I was staying at Disney with my DVC points.

2 Likes

Wow - this really suprises me! I didn’t realize just how close the internet hacks got me to a VIP tour (minus the backstage part to park transportation)

No wonder they are cracking down on 3rd party tour guides.

When I called Disneyland they said it included all of the non lightning lane attractions too like Alice in Wonderland so I’m thinking either they operate different than WDW, the woman on the phone was mistaken or maybe just for the shows it’s not included. I asked about ILL and they said I did not have to book those as they were included as well.

2 Likes

I know at DLR a multiple experience LL can get you on rides with no LL. So it seems entirely possible this is correct!

2 Likes

FYI For DLR I asked which non-LL attractions were included and the response was “All attractions at the Disneyland Resort are available for expedited entry, with the only exceptions being the Disneyland Railroad in Disneyland Park and the Golden Zephyr in Disney California Adventure Park.”

1 Like

Hi @JuliaMc I am reading all of your VIP Tour posts after someone mentioned you in their response to my question(s) about my just-booked WDW Tour (so glad I put myself on the wait list!!). Thanks for all of your wonderful sharing and insight! Based on your sentence I quoted above, do you request a specific guide when booking a Tour? Hmmmm… Rereading this thread, maybe you’re referring to Tours at DL… Thanks for your time!

I can offer a suggestion :slight_smile: Tyler is the absolute best! After a particularly awful experience years ago with a guide, we got him and he was amazing. Now, I won’t do a tour without booking him lol. For DL, we always used Abe. He was so great but we haven’t been to DL since 2019 so I’m not sure if he’s still working there but if he is, I can vouch that he’s really good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, @JG580 ! Have you ever specifically requested Tyler or any other specific guide by email with Sig Svcs and then were assigned the requested Guide? Thanks again!

1 Like

They won’t really do anything in terms of request or booking over email. But when you call to book, you just let them know in the VIP services office who you would like to request and they note it down. They always say they can’t guarantee a specific guide (which I never really understood since they know their schedules i assume) but (knock on wood), we’ve never been unable to get booked with who we wanted.

1 Like

Thanks!!! I will request Abe!