VIP Tour Access for ROTR without BG Revoked

Well, that didn’t last long.

2 Likes

Kind of surprised by this. It was an easy gimme to entice folks to the tours, and even with running 40 tours a day (max of 400 people) I didn’t think it would negatively impact the average guest experience.

4 Likes

I wonder if there were a lot of complaints or if it was gumming things up.

1 Like

That is embarrassing for Signature Services. Whether or not it was their mistake they’ll be the ones taking the flak.

1 Like

Well that’s dumb.
The whole point of a VIP tour is guaranteeing access to attractions.
Why leave off one of the most popular headliners which has the most stressful, convoluted process to obtain access and there is no alternative?

It’s like hiring an Uber only to have the guy pull over mid-ride and say “yeah. U-turn’s coming up. You gotta do that one. I’ll meet you at the other curb”

8 Likes

I can’t imagine a time when I have the money to spend on this, but I would absolutely expect to get on ROTR without the hassle of a boarding group for that cost. At Universal, I’ve done (and can afford!) their VIP tour and they absolutely include the most popular rides including Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster.

11 Likes

I’m sure it has something to do with the rides frequency of being down. You can’t have people pay for something that’s not exactly gauranteed.

2 Likes

This was the excuse that was given before for why it wasn’t originally offered. They didn’t want people booking with the explicit expectation that they would be able to ride RotR, but then the ride would be down causing either the inability to ride or the need to wait for it to resume operating, which would eat into the touring time. They didn’t want to promise something they couldn’t deliver.

However, I do think it’s time they opened it up to tours. But if people are going to be able to pay to guarantee a ride, they also need to be able to wait to guarantee a ride. So open up a standby line. It might be 2-3 hours, but at least people could choose.

5 Likes

That makes sense to a point. But with VIP walk-on, you could just come back when it’s back up (and yes, I know maybe you’ve moved on to another area/park and don’t want to)

2 Likes

And isn’t this the case for any ride? You can’t guarantee that any specific ride is up and running on a particular day.

5 Likes

There’s that too.

1 Like

So news is breaking overnight that RotR is now included once again. People are getting phone calls from Signature Services.

Total and utter cluster! Seems not all parties had signed off the change so it had to be withdrawn temporarily, in other words DSS jumped the gun!

I bet anyone who took a tour in the last couple of days will be asking for a BG (and park reservation) to ride now. And honestly they should do with the way it’s been handled.

4 Likes

I’m glad it’s back. VIP tours definitely should get to ride as part of the tour, but I’m really getting tired of these whiplash announcements. No noodles / yes noodles, No RotR / Yes RotR. I now just assume what ever Disney releases will be changed in 24-72 hours.

4 Likes

Yup.

I think part of it is a lack of coordination and communication among all the moving parts

But I also feel that a lot of this is them trying to see what they can get away with — and then hearing it loud and clear what the masses Will Not Put Up With Giving Up (weird that it’s noodles and not extra magic hours :laughing: )

5 Likes

Wait until next Tuesday: Deluxe resort guests will have Extra Magic Noodles

(Of course that will be cancelled by Thursday 2 pm EST)

3 Likes

I wonder if @DreamfindersGhost knows anything about how magic noodles work

3 Likes

Never ventured into that rarefied area of experimentation.
I’ve only heard the legends, lots of colors and hallucinations.
One advantage of magic noodles being that one is not attacked by the munchies after a noodle trip.

4 Likes