Victory Lap Meal - Opinions wanted

We plan to spend the last day of our trip in Magic Kingdom and, being two days before Thanksgiving (Tuesday - 11/20), we know the park will be crowded, but we are anticipating late park hours that we hope to take advantage of. Our thought is to leave the park to enjoy a good meal somewhere near MK…either a boat ride or monorail ride away…and then come back and stay to close the place down. This could be lunch or dinner. Initial thoughts have been Whispering Canyon, Trails End, The Wave, Ohana? Other ideas? Probably don’t want to go quite as nice or expensive as CG.

What would be your pick? We are a party of me, DH, DS15, DD 13, and my parents.

Ohana is a great meal and would be a fun way to celebrate the fun you’ve had before you go home. That would be my pick.

WCC is also great but with some changes rumored to be happening, I would maybe hold off on that until things are clarified.

2 Likes

We have the same plan for our last day of our trip in August. Spend day at MK, head to 'Ohana for dinner, then back to the park for HEA and pm EMH to 11:00.

We really enjoyed 'Ohana on our last trip and are looking forward to finishing this trip with a meal there. Our only issue was that the only ADR we could get was for 4:15! I have the reservation finder searching for something a bit later. It found a 4:55 the other day, but I wasn’t quick enough to grab it.

1 Like

Those are all great choices. Add Grand Floridian Cafe. Trails End is my usual place, in the MK area, but after one visit to GFC, I recommend it.

1 Like

I did Ohana on my late March trip as the “Last Meal” with DW, DS15, DS13, and DD10. They all had a fantastic time, and thought it was a great choice.

2 Likes

Trails end is great food and for Disney inexpensive.

Will be quick as it is a buffett without characters. And the biat ride gives you a glimpse of the old river country.

1 Like

I would say Ohana, but let’s call it something other than “Last Meal”, I understand completely what you are saying, but it’s hard enough leaving, without giving it such a depressing name.

Lets go with “Victory Lap Dinner”, as in you just accomplished a great trip with your family and it’s time to talk about all your weeks accomplishments and fun time together while you are still there!

:trophy:

3 Likes

LOL! I thought about that when I typed it. Does sound a bit too morbid. :smile: Victory lap sounds much better!

1 Like

My first pick would be Ohana. If that didnt work, then I would choose The Wave as your victory lap meal.

2 Likes

I wonder if OP realizes they can edit the title of the thread to “Victory Lap Meal”?

2 Likes

We did our victory lap meal at BOG. The last thing we did in the parks was have our picture with The Beast. I thought it was a great way to close what was a completely wonderful vacation.

1 Like