Victoria and Alberts reopens July 28

I’ve only ever been in the main dining room. That looks to be about 15% higher than when I went last in January, 2020. However, the main dining room is ten courses now. It’s been some time, and my recollection is a little hazy, but as I understand it the Queen Victoria Room and main dining room have the same menu, the difference being tableside preparation of some courses and different wine pairings.

1 Like

If only they served some decent food, I might consider it. :wink:

Good lord those are some prices!

It’s not “out of my price range” per se but I would never spend that much of my own money for one meal when I am perfectly happy spending a fraction of that at any number of establishments. (From fast food all the way to upscale steakhouses.)

5 Likes

I did the Chef’s Table in 2014. For two, with 1 wine pairing and $100 for "add ons (A5 Wagu beef samples) the total, including tax and tip, was around $975, so yes, the price increase is huge. Back then, the Queen Victoria Room and the Chef’s table had the same menu; the only difference was the table was not in the kitchen and the Exec Chef did not come to the table and personally introduce each course. I’m glad I did it back then; as amazing as it was, there is NO WAY I would pay the current prices to do it again. The same goes for the regular dining room.

2 Likes

Same. I could afford to eat there, but guessing it wouldn’t be nearly as good as my favorite meal from Yak & Yeti which costs $33.99!

5 Likes

Favorite meal from Y&Y? What might that be? :thinking::smile:

6 Likes

I think it rhymes with Rick? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

It’s not just a meal, it’s an experience.

One I might only ever get to do once.

But gosh darn it I’m going to do it.

9 Likes

OMG that’s sick

What the frick?!

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a trick! :laughing:

this is more fun than it should be

5 Likes

Get your mind out of the gutter!

5 Likes

Woah woah I simply said rhymes with Rick. As evidenced, that includes sick, frick, trick… so who’s the one with their mind in the gutter huh?? :wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

(I was thinking along the same lines but I’m glad I wasn’t drinking something when I read your post! :rofl:)

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Why? Would it have been difficult for you to swallow?

7 Likes

That made me actively crack up so loud I woke up one of my cats :rofl:

6 Likes

V&A is on my bucket list! Hope all those who are getting ready to make reservations are successful!

2 Likes

I did the regular dining room in 2018. I had the menu with more courses, the wagyu beef, the wine pairing and a bottle of water. Total including tip was $400.

I reckon that would be $600 now.

2 Likes